Creamed spinach bakelite collection

In Costume Jewelry > Bakelite Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Bakelite Jewelry140 of 298Green swirl bakelite bangle Bakelite chocolate fudge bangle with marbeling

Ms.CrystalShipMs.CrystalShip loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.

valentino97

Talk about a color that is not easy to photograph. Is this bakelite color called midnight green? Dark spinach green? Or just green, black and yellow swirls? For the longest time I thought it was Blue Moon, but after Elisabeth's recent post, I went online for color names....not sure about the best name, but thank you Clementine - Creamed Spinach is the best description...

Basically, it's a very dark green with wonderful swirls of yellow and medium green. The brooch is 3.5"x1.5" and has turned almost black. I might have this buffed back to see what its original colors were. The 2 thinner bangles were sliced apart. And of course the .5" bangle still has great swirls of color. I wear these 3 together.

My favorite color is green in all the beautiful shades available.....

logo
    Bakelite Jewelry
    ANTIQUE VINTAGE GRADUATED CHERRY AMBER BAKELITE FATURAN BEADS NECKLACE 60.44gm
    ANTIQUE VINTAGE GRADUATED CHERRY AM...
    $175
    Antique Art Deco Cherry Amber Bakelite Buckle Bracelet #147
    Antique Art Deco Cherry Amber Bakel...
    $31
    VINTAGE ART DECO CHERRY RED AMBER BAKELITE GRADUATED OVAL BEAD 34" NECKLACE
    VINTAGE ART DECO CHERRY RED AMBER B...
    $640
    VINTAGE CHERRY AMBER BAKELITE? 19" LARGE BEAD NECKLACE CHINESE?
    VINTAGE CHERRY AMBER BAKELITE? 19&#...
    $125
    logo
    ANTIQUE VINTAGE GRADUATED CHERRY AMBER BAKELITE FATURAN BEADS NECKLACE 60.44gm
    ANTIQUE VINTAGE GRADUATED CHERRY AM...
    $175

Comments

1. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 4 years ago
      Really love this colour!!!
    2. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 4 years ago
      A very beautiful green ! Wow !
    3. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you Judy! It has aged to a beautiful dark patina. Now, I just wish it would stop!
    4. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thanks Phil - for loving the green!
    5. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thanks Fort - I know you love bakelite.
    6. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      Almost Irish moss in colour. What a modern and beautiful colour!
    7. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thanks Karen, I think these colors started off as aqua and greens. I'm not going to change anything except for the brooch. Buff the oxidation away. I have to find someone to do that safely. I love this color combination too.
    8. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 4 years ago
      Interesting! I especially like the rings.
    9. fleafinder fleafinder, 4 years ago
      i like the green too!
    10. kyratango kyratango, 4 years ago
      Wow! Nice color and collection! Your wood piece really add to the art of your pics :-)
    11. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 4 years ago
      They're all so gorgeous!
      Who wouldn't love the
      color ? Fantastic photos
      too ! :)
    12. clementine4, 4 years ago
      These are lovely! The color is called creamed spinach.
    13. lentilka11, 4 years ago
      What a collection! Love it!!
    14. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thanks Bonnie - aren't the rings fun?! I have an orange and green swirl big ball like this big one too.
    15. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thanks fleafinder - for loving the green!
    16. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 4 years ago
      These are really pretty! Love that color. Glad you're on, I'm going to look for your e-mail so plz check it...have a question for you. ;)
    17. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thanks Kyra for loving these and yes that piece of driftwood might have been swirling around the arctic circle....(probably not, but it sounds good).
    18. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thanks Ken, yes I love the darker mottles but these also look great with the few carved butterscotch I have.
    19. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you clementine4 for giving me the color name!
    20. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you lentilka for loving these!
    21. Rick55 Rick55, 4 years ago
      Great color and great presentation Valentino!
    22. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Oh thank you Rick and love to your wife too!!
    23. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      share - I don't see it. If you send me your email - I'll watch and respond right away and then delete your email address from this post.
    24. Newtimes Newtimes, 4 years ago
      Ohhh these are yummy!
      I have a very dark green bakelite bangle...almost looks black, but without any swirls. Bakelite looks a bit dull and plain without swirls, dont you think? The color changes in a piece is what it makes unique
    25. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Hi Newtimes - I agree bakelite is most interesting w/different swirls as it ages. I am sure the original makers were thinking about imitating natural stone, marble patterns. They didn't know what would happen years later in oxidation. Thanks for you comment! Also, thanks for checking out my bakelite jewelry upcycles on FB. I have a few more that are simple updos. The trick is to use old components.
    26. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 4 years ago
      Oh my, I'm shaking here..... Have never seen this color! The color is wonderful! "Dark moss in the woods" is my name :) but bakelite should have a more foodlike name, like suggested by others.
    27. pebble pebble, 4 years ago
      I've never seen this colour before - love the "creamed spinach" name! "Dark moss in the woods" made me smile too :)
    28. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you Elisabeth - I really LOVE this color combination. Yes, it's my favorite - more than the lighter or medium green examples I have (a lot of, LOL) Except for the 2 sliced bangles - I bought these all one at a time hoping they would match. The brooch and ball ring have least amount of swirly yellow and green.
    29. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you pebble - Both the names are great!

Thanks friends for the love: Mike, vintagelamp, jscott, ivonne, caper, Thomas, clementine, wicken, sean, and vintageforever! sorry if I missed anyone.
    30. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 4 months ago
      Love the name...creamed spinach! Ha!
      I used to have a bubble ring, doubt it was bakelite but it was some sort of plastic...
    31. valentino97 valentino97, 4 months ago
      Thank you Eileen - these are nice, all collected at different times. It's hard to find bubble rings in larger sizes, so I have to wear on my pinky.

Thanks CW friends for your loves on this old post.