Orange: love it or not

In Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Art Glass7950 of 21843Sushi plates from Kurata GlassID this light please..has a heart shaped stone on inside of shade trademark?

NewfldNewfld loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.
inkyinky loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
NevadaBladesNevadaBlades loves this.

racer4four

I was scratching around the other day and found these two orange glass pieces, both Japanese.

The first is pretty cool. It's from Tajima Glass and shows their signature moulded base.
    They did a few styles in this range, with different patterns around the base, different colours, and different sizes.
    This is a favourite. I really love the ribbed rings and the orange into clear works so well. 29cm tall

The second is from Kamei and is surprisingly small and thin walled for Japanese glass of this style.
    It has a white inner and the variation of colour stream with the orange and green shows up really well. Height 18cm

logo
    Art Glass
    RARE Large ALFREDO BARBINI, Tree of Birds Hand Blown Murano Art Glass Sculpture
    RARE Large ALFREDO BARBINI, Tree of...
    $304
    Authentic Mid Century Modernist Max Ernst Constantini Murano Art Glass Tile
    Authentic Mid Century Modernist Max...
    $73
    RARE Authentic Antique LCT Gold Favrilert Art Glass Open Salt, NO RESERVE
    RARE Authentic Antique LCT Gold Fav...
    $124
    RARE Authentic Antique Louis Comfort Tiffany Gold Favrile Art Glass Open Salt NR
    RARE Authentic Antique Louis Comfor...
    $63
    logo
    RARE Large ALFREDO BARBINI, Tree of Birds Hand Blown Murano Art Glass Sculpture
    RARE Large ALFREDO BARBINI, Tree of...
    $304

Comments

1. fortapache fortapache, 5 years ago
      Orange is good and quite colorful and attractive.
    2. NevadaBlades, 5 years ago
      Really love the 2nd one, Karen. The green and orange really work well together on this piece. [;>)
    3. inky inky, 5 years ago
      Love the red..:-)
    4. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 5 years ago
      Karen, I like them both!!! The 1st because it is interesting to look at, and the 2nd because the orange and green go well together for me!!
    5. kyratango kyratango, 5 years ago
      Very attractive! This orange and green, mmmmm!
    6. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 years ago
      I love these, especially the Kamei.
    7. Ivonne Ivonne, 5 years ago
      This is an interesting connection of geometric pattern at the base with an irregular top
    8. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 5 years ago
      Orange is a great color! (said she who lives in the Netherlands). My younger brother, when he was a kid, had his room decorated completely in shade of orange.

My favorite of the two is also the Kamei.
    9. kivatinitz kivatinitz, 5 years ago
      yes the first is beautiful
    10. mikelv85 mikelv85, 5 years ago
      I like the pattern of the first piece although not terribly crazy about the orange. :)
    11. racer4four racer4four, 5 years ago
      Thanks Fort - love your understated comments - you say the right thing well. The rest of us; we get a bit florid lol! (see?)

12. racer4four racer4four, 5 years ago
      It's interesting how everyone's tastes differ. The vote for the Kamei is high!
      Thanks:
      KJ
      Kyra
      Scott
      Bonnie
      Bill
      Kivanitz
    13. racer4four racer4four, 5 years ago
      Votes for the Tajima vary. I think the shape generally appeals but as Mike says the colour may not.
      I'm with those who love it best!
      Thanks:
      Inky
      Ivonne and
      Mike
    14. racer4four racer4four, 5 years ago
      Judy and Thomas - thanks for your comments and sitting on the fence (just joking guys, like what you like, there is no rules!).
    15. Dragonflypearl Dragonflypearl, 5 years ago
      I too love the ribbed orange rings!
    16. Rick55 Rick55, 5 years ago
      This is a tough one Karen, and I really can't decide which I prefer... the shape, texture and transitioning color of the first or the beautiful swirl of colors of the second. Hmmmm... Number 2 :)
    17. racer4four racer4four, 5 years ago
      Thanks Dragonflypearl (neat name there). The optics of the orange ribs are fantastic.
    18. racer4four racer4four, 5 years ago
      Rick - a vote for the Kamei! It's all good. Thanks for your arty eye there!
      In truth this Kamei never appealed to me much and it's been in a cupboard a fair while crowded behind other things I like better. Must be it's time to shine!
    19. racer4four racer4four, 5 years ago
      Thaaaanks Roy! (not being sarcastic here)
    20. Alan2310 Alan2310, 5 years ago
      Love it.

Regards
      Alan
    21. racer4four racer4four, 5 years ago
      Merci Alan.
    22. OneGoodFind OneGoodFind, 5 years ago
      Ok, I love your glass but not so sure I like you anymore. ;);)
      Just checked the mirror and looks like I have turned green. ENVY!!
      Wish I could call you what we call each other on here. Hehe.
      These are great and you're killing me smalls.
    23. racer4four racer4four, 5 years ago
      Geez OGF...sorry my orange turned you green!
      Of course I am always looking at CW with envious eyes, and that includes your stuff too. So there.