Howlite bracelet for johi

In Fine Jewelry > Bracelets > Show & Tell.
Bracelets160 of 493Silver Bracelet primosa 835Antique 18 ct ring part 2

jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
johijohi loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
HunterHunter loves this.

valentino97

In April I found this amazing howlite bracelet at the Long Beach swapmeet. The cabochon stones are thick, captured in a 1/4" frame of "silver". I was told it was sterling silverplate over base metal. It was not expensive and the stones and quality so beautiful - I had no problem with it. I believe this is from India - a new technique using colored stones that I've seen at my favorite wholesale venues GemFaire and Tucson for the past few years. I've seen "garnet red/pink, chyrsophase green, turquoise, also mixed with pearls and druzies". I prefer this that shows the untreated natural howlite. It's framed beautifully not glued in.

I think your necklace is like mine - silverplate - but the maker stamped it 925. Also, your howlite "turquoise" nuggets are not secured into this lovely necklace very well. You could carefully pinch each with a plastic nose pliers or apply a dab of glue to each.

logo
    Bracelets
    Heavy antique Platinum 14.65CT VS diamond & sapphire 10.5mm wide bracelet
    Heavy antique Platinum 14.65CT VS d...
    $1,376
    Vintage Ladies 14ct Solid Gold Fancy Link Chain Bracelet 7.5" Jewellery Gift 2.4
    Vintage Ladies 14ct Solid Gold Fanc...
    $46
    Antique 14K 2-tone gold 2.0CT VS diamond & pearl bangle bracelet
    Antique 14K 2-tone gold 2.0CT VS di...
    $485
    18k Gold Robins Egg Blue Turquoise Bracelet Diamond 20gr Ladies Midcentury 6.5in
    18k Gold Robins Egg Blue Turquoise ...
    $443
    logo
    Heavy antique Platinum 14.65CT VS diamond & sapphire 10.5mm wide bracelet
    Heavy antique Platinum 14.65CT VS d...
    $1,376

Comments

1. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 5 years ago
      That is a beauty!!
    2. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thank you Bonnie - I love this too.
    3. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks Kevin for first love, Hunter and Kyra!
    4. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 5 years ago
      This is a really pretty bracelet. I can see how it may be mistaken for "white" or buffalo turquoise...One does have to be so careful. I love the dark stone in there too! Just curious about the necklace listed, those stones appear to not be smooth on the back side, am I right? And would these look the same had they not been smoothed on the back? I'm not sure if I've ever seen howlite. Love this design.
    5. kyratango kyratango, 5 years ago
      Very nice work, undyed howlite is quite pretty!
    6. johi, 5 years ago
      Wow, that's gorgeous! Thanks so much for posting. Yes, it is a really similar construction to the necklace - even down to the clasp. I wonder if someone 'repaired' the necklace with glue after they'd bought it. I have some jewellery making tools so I should be able to tighten the bezels a bit.

Shareurpassion - yes, the backs of the stones in the necklace are smoothed, but one or two have chunks out like the loose stone.
    7. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks Share for looking at this and johi's necklace too. I knew my bracelet wasn't white turquoise and I love real white turquoise :-) someday!

johi - thank you for your comment, just tighten the bezels first. :-)
    8. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thank you kyra for your comment about undyed howlite - which it is! XOXO
    9. bijoucaillouvintage bijoucaillouvintage, 5 years ago
      That's a stunner. The darker stone perfectly placed gives it all its esthetic twist, I love it.
    10. Gillian, 5 years ago
      I have a bracelet with the exact same construction. It was advertised as a collection of semi-precious stones - no idea if they're real or not. Bought it in an eBay auction for almost nothing. It's too heavy to do up, it keeps slipping off my wrist every time. It has three rows of stones.
    11. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks bijou for your nice comment - I love the dark stone too!

Thanks Gillian - would like to see your bracelet and read what you have to say about it.

Thanks friends for loves: Scott and Mike!
    12. Rick55 Rick55, 5 years ago
      This is so unique Valentino! I love it :-)
    13. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thank you Rick and happy holidays to you and Gloria!
    14. freiheit freiheit, 5 years ago
      I have seen jewelry like this pop up in local antique markets. The stones used are very beautiful and the designs are elaborate. The piece are, however, rather expensive.
    15. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks Gudrun - I only paid $16 for this at the swapmeet. It was late in the day, she had 2 bracelets left. The other was tonal white druzy - just gorgeous but it was $40. This was very me because it was a basic color and design - not dyed, not filigreed - just plain and lovely!

Thank you Rick for your comment!

Thanks friends for loves: Marie, Scott, Mike, Fort, Hel1, Aura, Caper, Karen, LovelyPat, Master, Ho2 and Dragonpearl!