Jade Rose Gold Ring

In Fine Jewelry > Jade Jewelry > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Rings > Show & Tell.
Jade Jewelry20 of 86Vintage Gold Jade Bracelet1920 large 3 rows jadeite necklace, Art Deco clasp.

worthit2worthit2 loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
fleafinderfleafinder loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
martikamartika loves this.

Peasejean55

Currently I'm staying with my Mum in the North of England. There is a local market so I decided to have a look and there was a jewellery stall that I haven't seen before. There was some really lovely pieces from antique Georgian silver Victorian and Vintage pieces, etc, a paradise for me. I came across this ring and was drawn to it straight away, the green of the stone is amazing. I asked the stall holder about the stone and he said it was Jade, then I commenced to ask questions of how he knew( I'm very apprensive of Jade as people will know from my previous postings. He said that Jade wasn't his expertise but he had a friend who is very knowledgeable about Jade.
    Luckily for me with it being New Year he was selling pieces at sale prices, I couldn't help myself I bought it.
    The mount is marked 9K 375. Looking through the loupe the mount seems to be made by hand which I find unusual with the gold being 9K which is a harder gold, I would have thought it would have been easier to have worked with a softer gold. The mount is very open and extremely high, I suppose to let in the light and bring out the colour of the stone. I have tried to photo the grains within the stone, it's is the best I could do.
    So my questions, is the stone Jade, could it be bespoke and age.

Many thanks for looking. Happy New Year everybody I hope you all have a prosperous New Year and happy hunting.

logo
    Jade Jewelry
    Vintage 24k yellow gold 7.7mm jadeite jade stud earrings
    Vintage 24k yellow gold 7.7mm jadei...
    $208
    VINTAGE HONG KONG JADE LUCITE ACRYLIC 18mm. WIDE BANGLE BRACELET V731
    VINTAGE HONG KONG JADE LUCITE ACRYL...
    $4
    MIKIMOTO VINTAGE CHINESE GREEN JADE & GILDED SILVER NECKLACE PENDANT ENHANCER
    MIKIMOTO VINTAGE CHINESE GREEN JADE...
    $208
    Vintage 14K Yellow Gold Large Carved Green Jade Pendant 33.6 Grams 60.9 x 38.3mm
    Vintage 14K Yellow Gold Large Carve...
    $128
    logo
    Vintage 24k yellow gold 7.7mm jadeite jade stud earrings
    Vintage 24k yellow gold 7.7mm jadei...
    $208

Comments

1. kyratango kyratango, 5 years ago
      Very nice color, to say if jadeite or not is impossible from the pics, your gem testor will say :-)

I will post a ring for you to see :-)

The mount seems to be hand made, and you're right, the high gallery is to let the light go through the stone. For the age, I'd say 70', but only a guess...
    2. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago
      First of all let me wish you all the very best kyra for 2017. OK onto business, I do have several pieces of agate which I tested on the tester, when I tested the Jade ring it tested higher, than the agate, so I'm presuming that is good news. I've looked online for a mount similar in design to this ring but couldn't find anything near, that's why I was thinking it could be bespoke. Another question, dare I ask, could it be Imperial Jade?
    3. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 5 years ago
      Hi Jean
      Happy New Year to you!
      What a lovely ring!!
    4. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago
      Hi Judy, thank you, wishing you to all the very best for 2017. :-)
    5. kyratango kyratango, 5 years ago
      Jean, my wishes to you went unfinished on my other device...
      May 2017 be a glorious, happy, sparkling and joyful year for you and your beloved ones!!!

For the ring, it really can be a custom made one, for a stone brought back from Asia.
      As you are interested in jade/jadeite, the more you see, read, and handle, the more "feelings" you'll get!
      An interesting link about it, and with pics too:
      Jade Buying Guide • Jade Auction Records • Lotus Gemology

Imperial jade is not only defined by the colour, but also by translucence and glow!

Have a look to Christie's or Sotheby's catalogs of fine jadeite jewellery auctions held in Hong Kong, the pics are excellent to get an idea of the best jade quality (and prices too!)
    6. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago
      Thank you kindly kyra for your best wishes.

Thanks for taking the effort kyra to point me in the correct direction, I do appreciate all your help, not just this piece, but all the other pieces of jewellery you have helped me in the passed. I shall leisurely take a look at the links and catalogs from the big auction houses.

I did take this to a jeweller and he did confirm that it was Jade of good quality, but not imperial jade. He didn't seem to think the mount was handmade ( bespoke).
    7. davyd286, 5 years ago
      I don't see any signs that the ring is handmade - it looks like a casting.
    8. Rick55 Rick55, 5 years ago
      Now THAT is a stone Jean! The color is amazing!
    9. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago
      davyd, as I said in my comment above the jeweller didn't think it was handmade, so I agree it is probably a casting. Thanks for your comment. :-)
    10. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago
      Thank you Rick, it is a lovely colour, I would so much want to get an angle on Jade I think it's such a wonderful stone. kyra as been very patient with me and given me a way forward with the links and looking at the auction houses, not that I could ever afford the prices :-o
    11. davyd286, 5 years ago
      I was responding to your original posting before it was edited.
    12. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago
      Davyd, I haven't edited anything?
    13. antiquerose antiquerose, 5 years ago
      Wow, now that is PURDY ~~

Purdy = Pretty
    14. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago
      Thank you antiquerose, I'm glad you think it's Purdy = pretty :-)
    15. Peasejean55 Peasejean55, 5 years ago

valentino
      Celiene
      antiquerose
      melaniej
      SEAN
    16. cameosleuth cameosleuth, 5 years ago
      Chrysoprase? There was a big fad for it in the 1950s.
    17. cameosleuth cameosleuth, 5 years ago
      As photographed, this one does not quite look the right color for chrysoprase. But lighting can make all the difference. If this stone really is more the color of the stones in the other green stone ring, chrysoprase definitely to be considered. :)