Green plastic bracelet from West Germany

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Bangles > Show & Tell and Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Costume Bangles67 of 167Olive green carved mystery bangleNew carved plastic bangles circa 2013

CindIndianapolisCindIndianapolis loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
ZillaZilla loves this.

valentino97

This is a molded plastic bangle with a little red sticker inside "made in Western Germany", so it was made before 1989. It's a copy of a bakelite design. I don't know how old mine is -maybe 1970's? I'm not exactly sure why I bought this LOL!! I think because it's a lovely green and knowing me it must have been very cheap. There are a few of these for sale now online from reputable sellers on ebay, etsy and Rubylane - mostly honest to list it as "molded, vintage". Note seam inside of bangle, also a seam runs vertically through outer pattern.

I'm careful not to bang it...chips are waiting to happen. But it's a very beautiful bangle that fits over a sweater on my wrist - 3" opening and 1.75" wide and makes a dramatic statement for my black work uniform. I don't have ANY matching pieces darn it.

logo
    Costume Bangles
    Antique Victorian Carved Red Coral Cameo Angel Putti Flower Wide Bracelet
    Antique Victorian Carved Red Coral ...
    $2,414
    2 Row 8-7.5mm Cultured Akoya Pearl Bracelet 14k White Gold Fine Diamond 1950s
    2 Row 8-7.5mm Cultured Akoya Pearl ...
    $308
    Antique Vintage Art Deco 18k Yellow Gold Chinese Jadeite Diamond Chain Bracelet
    Antique Vintage Art Deco 18k Yellow...
    $400
    Antique Vintage Nouveau 22k Gold Mughal Ruby Akoya Pearl Topaz Wedding Bracelet
    Antique Vintage Nouveau 22k Gold Mu...
    $330
    logo
    Antique Victorian Carved Red Coral Cameo Angel Putti Flower Wide Bracelet
    Antique Victorian Carved Red Coral ...
    $2,414

Comments

1. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 5 years ago
      That is really beautiful. I would have bought it, too!
    2. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks Bonnie for getting me - the green isn't bakelite green, must be why I liked it :-)

Thanks Zilla for love!!
    3. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 5 years ago
      It is a gorgeous green Val........very pretty
    4. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks Judy for liking this bangle. I'll try to take a picture of my uniform LOL.

Thanks Fort for the love.
    5. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 5 years ago
      Yes please Val......I would like to see that! :)
    6. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 years ago
      This doesn't need to be matched it stands strong on it's own! Great green wonderful bangle with a strong design! Wow! I Love it ofcourse! Why wouldn't you buy this?! I have never seen this kind of bangle.
    7. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 5 years ago
      Could this be melamine?
    8. martika martika, 5 years ago
      Love it, looks great !!! :)
    9. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 5 years ago
      All these are also the same design, made in Western Germany:

10. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Elisabeth - all of a sudden there are a bunch of these online. I think maybe it is NOS -new old stock. Well, the listings are calling it Lucite, the transparent ones look like Lucite, but I don't think mine is. Thanks for loving it!

Thank you Marta for loving comment :-)

Thank you Bonnie - I saw these listings. In fact the one from RL - Banglemania - is the seller I bought those 3 carved bakelite bangles from last year. Did you see the black bakelite bangle? I believe that one really is bakelite and these were probably copied from that old design.

Thank you Ken for your beautiful comment and thanks to everyone else for loving this: Jenny, Scott, Phil, Aura, Lentilka, Kyra, Mike, Kevin, Fort :-)
    11. Rick55 Rick55, 5 years ago
      I'm not a big fan of green Valentino, but the shape... Wow!
    12. valentino97 valentino97, 5 years ago
      Thanks Rick - this is definitely an odd green color. Thanks for loving the shape of it anyway! It's even a bit too much for me :-)

Thanks friends for loves: Mike, Kyra, lentilka, aura, Phil, Scott, Jenny, Kevin, sklo and Sean :-)
    13. FreshAir FreshAir, 9 months ago
      Very beautiful! Love the carved design!!
    14. valentino97 valentino97, 9 months ago
      Thanks FreshAir, for loving the Green!