Share your favorites on Show & Tell

What is this treatment called?

In Glassware > Show & Tell.
Recent activity176462 of 180724Various Coffee Stirrers From Various Places1920 US edition Agatha Christie "The Mysterious Affair at Styles"
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 6 years ago


(2 items)

I accidentally came across the name of this treatment while browsing through antique glassware books at the used book store - I wrote it down, but I can't find my note! It's a drizzled white pattern that is baked on and won't scratch off.

It's black amethyst, although it is VERY black and takes quite a bit of light to see the purple. I don't think it's the L.E. Smith loving cup as it doesn't have the dancing nudes and the base is round, but otherwise it is the same shape and size.

Can anyone help me? I've been searching online forever and I just can't find a thing - only one other person who doesn't know what it is either.



Unsolved Mystery

Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


  1. Sque1chey, 6 years ago
    I think it might be "Confetti Ware" - by Hazel Atlas or E. L. Smith from the 1950s, but I only have one weak source. Does that sound right?

    Is this a rare piece? I'm wondering because it's so darn hard to find any information on!

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.