Carved apple juice bakelite bangle

In Costume Jewelry > Bakelite Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Bakelite Jewelry96 of 301Cherry amber bakelite necklaceMarian green bakelite brooch

Ms.CrystalShipMs.CrystalShip loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
sklo42sklo42 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.
lentilka11lentilka11 loves this.

valentino97

I don't need any more bakelite! Still, I watch for items I don't have - also in my cheap price range. Because this has a glued crack I won it for $21. But I don't sell so this is actually a pretty great price for a bracelet that could be $200 or more if perfect. It's 1.25" wide, 5/8" thick - a beautiful example of carving from the 1930's. When it arrived I was surprised how beautiful and intricate it is.

logo
    Bakelite Jewelry
    Vintage 1940s Rare Carved Bakelite Butterscotch Flower Clamper Bangle
    Vintage 1940s Rare Carved Bakelite ...
    $20
    VINTAGE TRANSLUCENT RED CHERRY AMBER BAKELITE OBLONG BEADS NECKLACE 65 GR
    VINTAGE TRANSLUCENT RED CHERRY AMBE...
    $599
    Vintage Button Charm,  Bakelite Bracelet with Celluloid Chain, One of a Kind
    Vintage Button Charm, Bakelite Bra...
    $70
    Vintage Art Deco Cherry Amber Bakelite Bead Necklace
    Vintage Art Deco Cherry Amber Bakel...
    $21
    logo
    Vintage 1940s Rare Carved Bakelite Butterscotch Flower Clamper Bangle
    Vintage 1940s Rare Carved Bakelite ...
    $20

Comments

1. lentilka11, 4 years ago
      It is beautiful and intricate on the photos as well!!
    2. freiheit freiheit, 4 years ago
      LOVE< LOVE< LOVE it!!!!
    3. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you lentilka! This color doesn't look good on my skin...but with a long sleeve black sweater - very nice I think :-)

Thank you Gudrun for your triple loves! Really excited to have it.

Thank you friends for loving apple juice: Hel1, Fort and Peggy :-)
    4. nutsabotas6, 4 years ago
      Just Gorgeous !! and looks so good on you ! :)
    5. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Ken....nice of you to say :-) yes, it's gorgeous even if imperfect and happy to have it.
    6. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 4 years ago
      Awww, so it had a bit of a hard life...it's still beautiful!
    7. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you Bonnie - the crack isn't too bad, but I wouldn't sell it. Yes, it's beautiful.
    8. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 4 years ago
      This is very tasty :) and beautiful!
    9. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      How wonderful! !!
    10. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Elisabeth and Karen - thank you both for your wonderful comments :-)

Thank you Apple Juice lovers! : Thomas, Mani, Kevin, Mike, Pickaboo, Gillian, MrsT, Wandless, Lisa, Zilla, Mrcolorz, Bijou and Aura :-)

11. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 4 years ago
      Gorgeous! Great color, great decor, and translucent Bakelite, wow. :)
    12. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you Katherine, now that I have this and a few clips I need to find the perfect sort-of matching apple juice earrings :-)

13. sharone, 4 years ago
      I love this honey color. really beautiful
    14. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you my dear Sharone for your nice comment. Keep your eyes open for some earrings please :-) I'd rather buy in person and tried to at Round Top flea market but everything was SO expensive.

15. freiheit freiheit, 4 years ago
      I loved it before but I just had to tell you again how much I like it. I went to an antique market a while ago and they had one very similar to yours - just too pricy for me. Well, maybe more for my husband. It's hardtop convince someone to spend an arm and a leg for a piece of plastic when one can get a nice Sterling one for about the same price. Oh, men...
    16. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thanks for your comment Gudrun - funny thing? This doesn't look good with my skin color LOL. But, prystal colors (clear, red, green) and apple juice like this are very popular and collectible. Anyway, they are expensive too as you and your husband realized recently. I'll wear this in the winter over my thin black sweater :-)
    17. Gillian, 4 years ago
      Very well done indeed - gorgeous bangle.
    18. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you Gillian! It was a very nice find. I would not have it if it wasn't cracked, would be far to expensive for my meager budget.
    19. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 4 years ago
      Had to look again, this is very beautiful and special!
    20. Lululooks, 2 years ago