Share your favorites on Show & Tell

unknown items

All items72150 of 236657Asian Vase with Markings on SideWhat am I?  And how old?
Love it
Like it

auraaura loves this.
roddyqroddyq loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
See 2 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 6 years ago

    (7 items)

    I don't have a clue what these are. I found them in my Dad's jewelry box and have no clue what they are used for. Springs and coiled wire on both of them, no markings. Can anyone identify these and/or their usage?

    Mystery Solved


    1. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 6 years ago
      I seem to remember these as made to keep the tips of shirt collars down & the collar flat in general.
    2. Davistoni, 6 years ago
      That crossed my mind too, but can't figure out how it went on the collar....any idea?
    3. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 6 years ago
      Don't know about the one on the left. On the other, the points stick into the cloth under the tip of the collar & compression from the springs holds holds the points in. The tie covers the piece that goes between the collars.
    4. Davistoni, 6 years ago
      Do you know what they are called and does anyone use them any more? Thank you for letting me know how they are used....that makes sense.
    5. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 6 years ago
      I think they were called collar stays.

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.