Share your favorites on Show & Tell

My grandfather has this but does not know what it is

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
billretirecoll's loves861 of 926Sundial PendantAnother Montiel Family Bowl from Guatemala
Love it
Like it

billretirecollbillretirecoll loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
rockbatrockbat loves this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker likes this.
See 2 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 2 years ago

    (1 item)

    It's about 8 inches long the round part on the top rotates it has even numbers going to 60 and a plastic like handle not sure what it's for or what it's called or any information on it

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.


    1. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 2 years ago
      Well, I think that I need to find out what this is too! &:^|
      Welcome to CW Bert, and good luck! :^) Someone will know!
    2. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 2 years ago
      With all that brass, it may be gov't. issue. Need better description & pics that show more.
    3. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 2 years ago
      Maybe a switch for something, with up to 60 minute timer. There's a set pin on the numbered end, and another set screw on the other end that looks like it's chucked in, and the set screw would connect it to a geared rod, or something. Need to see the top and bottom. The side pins on the numbered end may lock it to a bracket of some kind. I don't know, might just be different things put together, to look like something! :^) Still think someone will know, but better pictures would help, on a flat surface, not in hand.
    4. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 2 years ago
      My first thought was a fancy lawn sprinkler...then I looked closer at the pics and that idea doesn't work at all. Agree that better pics would help make better guesses. Curious how the 'center part' (the brass parts between the numbered wheel and spring) might move, also what its other end could be meant to attach to.
      Looks like a very COOL thing, whatever it is...?? :-)
    5. UncleRon UncleRon, 2 years ago
      It sort-of reminds me of part of the head for a gem-faceting machine.
    6. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 2 years ago
      Hey Ron I believe you nailed it! A Lee Faceting Machine, here's one:

      It looks like it to me! :^)
    7. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 2 years ago
      Ron you are the tool guy, hell, you are more, you're a book of knowledge! :^)
    8. UncleRon UncleRon, 2 years ago
      Thanks. I'll take a bow for this one! But I am only one of many here. Like the Farmer's Insurance ads say, "We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two." :-)

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.