Cute Royal Copley mid-century bird figurine

In Figurines > Show & Tell.
Figurines622 of 33551940's blue bird bud vase and a carnival postI have added a picture of the bottom of these terracotta figurines.

NewfldNewfld loves this.
EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
CaperkidCaperkid loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.

valentino97

Unsigned 4.5" pottery bird figurine. My guess is 50's or 60's. Found it last week in Iowa for $2. Very sweet. Blue bird of happiness? Thanks to art-pottery for ID of Royal Copley.

The last pictures are from our road trip near Elliot. Tree growing out of a silo!! (Corn is knee high by 4th of July!) We had a platte book that shows even the gravel roads to help us find our ancestors cemeteries and what is left of the Wilson century farm. If anyone is interested - Findagrave.com can help you with your family search if you feel like doing a road trip in your ancestors neighborhoods..... Happy Summer friends!

Comments

1. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 2 years ago
      Such a pretty little bird !! The tree must have been growing there for ages, it's so big.
    2. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      Hi Ken - yes, we figured 40 years. I am sure it has been photographed Many Times. :-)

Thanks Fort!!
    3. bijoucaillouvintage bijoucaillouvintage, 2 years ago
      Wow that tree!! :-o And the bird of course... so pretty. Happy summer to you too! My favorite season...
    4. jscott0363 jscott0363, 2 years ago
      The bird is a cutie!! I really love your last two pics.
    5. art.pottery, 2 years ago
      Possibly made by Royal Copley?
    6. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      Thanks Bijou - I had to sneak in these pictures :-)

Thanks Scott - I have some other bird figurines I will post - hey they need to be dusted :-)

Thank you art-pottery - yes!! I saw many on etsy and ebay. Looks like this was a popular design. My little guy has wonderful glaze and colors.

Thanks friends: Phil, Bonnie, Mike, Thomas and Aura ;-)
    7. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 2 years ago
      I love bird figures and this is no exception. I'd not come across Royal Copley before, one to look out for in future, thanks for posting :)
    8. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      Vintagefran - I agree - thank you to art.pottery who gave me the clue to look online for more Royal Copley examples.

And thank you all for your loves!