Wood bird S&P shaker circa 1960's

In Figurines > Show & Tell and Kitchen > Salt and Pepper Shakers > Show & Tell.
Figurines620 of 3357Bird planter - possibly Royal Copley1960's tweeting bird S&P shakers

ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.
vintagelampvintagelamp loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.

valentino97

Why? Well because it is so wonderful. Cute 2 piece wood and metal salt and pepper novelty with Japan sticker. The pepper was dispensed through his beak. Makes me laugh to look at this. I don't use old S&P shakers though - and thank the hoarding gods I only have a dozen S&P shakers. It would be SO easy to collect more :-)

I love old tea and hand towels too as shown in the last picture.

Comments

1. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      Thank you Kevin, Scott and blunderbuss for your loves of this bird S&P.
    2. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 2 years ago
      It is cute and a great design !!
      Love it :)
    3. racer4four racer4four, 2 years ago
      I love these too, and I'm with you Mary on collecting S&P, and tea towels, and, well, most stuff.
    4. TassieDevil TassieDevil, 2 years ago
      Love s&p shakers too, but gave mine away some time ago Mary....too easy to get out of control with those lol!
      Old tea towels are great aren't they!
    5. bijoucaillouvintage bijoucaillouvintage, 2 years ago
      I can see why S&P shakers are so addictive to collectors. They are just irresistible. The ingenuity of the design, ah... so fab!
    6. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      Ken - thanks, I know it gives me a good chuckle every time.

Karen - smalls are easy!! Tea towels, table cloths, napkins, hankies - Love Them!

Judy - too many S&P is too much dust!! Yes, I love tea towels.

Bijou - Very Addictive. I have to restrain myself. So funny I agree!

Thomas - Well....no one is REALLY sure what a do do bird looked like. LOL

Thank you friends: Kevin, Scott, Blunderbus, Fort, Phil, Aura, Vintagelamp!
    7. Rick55 Rick55, 2 years ago
      I love this Valentino, it's so cute... it put a smile on my face!
    8. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 2 years ago
      He is a little cutie! Looks Scandinavian to me. I love those old towels too, no lint left over and they are great for steam ironing!
    9. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      I'm a little behind on my responses: Thanks Rick - isn't it wonderful??

Share - yes, has that 1960's teak feeling. Yes, agree about those old tea towels - they make great press cloths. I need to find more of these....

10. antiquerose antiquerose, 2 years ago
      he's soooooo cute!! He reminds me of my cute Bookmarks kitty I have....LOL, they are all so cute !!

11. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      Yes Rose!! I have your cat and mouse as pins. Very 60's, right? What a fun idea for a book mark :-)