Erie Clock Face Gas Pump

In Petroliana > Gas Pumps > Show & Tell.
Gas Pumps2 of 273Gilbert & Barker (Gilbarco) Solid Brass Early Fuel Bowser Nozzle PumpGasboy Gas Pump

surfdub66surfdub66 loves this.
EJW-54EJW-54 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
SpiritBearSpiritBear loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

Farmgirly
(1 item)

This Erie gas pump has been around my property for ever...anyone know anything about it? We love it and would like to learn more about it! Thank you in advance!

Mystery Solved

Comments

1. officialfuel officialfuel, 2 months ago
    If it's been around your property for years, what are you wanting to know about it?

Michael
  2. EJW-54 EJW-54, 2 months ago
    Well it's a model 753 made from 1928 to 1931, yours is 1931 I think if that helps.:)
  3. Farmgirly, 2 months ago
    Michael: It was there when my parents bought the property in 1963. We never pursued details about the pump except once in awhile certain info would come to light from someone who knew the previous owners, etc. We found out that school buses used to come on the property to fuel up because there were no gas stations for many miles around! Some folks have asked to purchase it. Not knowing anything about the pump, we wouldn't know what it's worth, if anything.
  4. Farmgirly, 2 months ago
    EJW-54: Thank you so much for your assistance! Really appreciate it! This pump has been a landmark in our yard, and surrounding area, for quite some time. :D
  5. EJW-54 EJW-54, 2 months ago
    Your welcome Farmgirly, it is a nice pump! I collect old pumps and have some books about Gas Pumps so I'm glad to pass along any info I can.
  6. officialfuel officialfuel, 2 months ago
    I love the story about the pump. Thank you for sharing more of the information on it. After knowing that I would say the pump is priceless, what a keepsake! To me no amount of money would be worth getting rid of it. Enjoy your beautiful pump!

Michael
  7. Trey Trey, 2 months ago
    Beautiful pump!! Where do you live that there are no stations around? Cool story:)
  8. Farmgirly, 2 months ago
    Hi Trey: The property is in Oakland County, Michigan and was once in "the boonies" with nothing around but lakes, woods and farmlands. Sadly, now the area is anything but that with a gas station located with every glance you take. Booooo and thumbs down!
  9. Farmgirly, 2 months ago
    Thanks, officialfuel! I feel the same way!
  10. Trey Trey, 2 months ago
    https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/216726-1957-cities-service-neon-sign?in=Trey What a coincidence I found my Cities Service neon sign in Harbor Beach Michigan:) is that near you?