Welz Hexagonal Tapering Vase

In Art Glass > Bohemian Art Glass > Show & Tell and Victorian Era > Show & Tell.
Bohemian Art Glass120 of 5102Bohemian Welz VaseLoetz - Tango lidded with metal application

VintagefranVintagefran loves this.
JustanoviceJustanovice loves this.
IronLaceIronLace loves this.
artfootartfoot loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

sklo42

A couple of years ago I decided to buy nothing more in this décor because I had too many as it's common in the UK. However this is a shape I'd never seen before so I made an exception! It is hexagonal and tapers from a broader base to a narrower neck. It has a 'splash' type foot and rigaree of a type not often seen on Welz vases.

Image three shows it with two miniature hexagonal vases and image four shows why I'm no longer buying this décor!

Height 20 cm./8 inches

Comments

1. IronLace IronLace, 2 months ago
    Wow, what an awe-inspiring collection just of this decor!
    That tapered hexagon shape, footed base, & rigaree reminds me of an orange spatter & green aventurine vase I posted a few months back.
  2. sklo42 sklo42, 2 months ago
    Thank you, Ironlace. Of course some go back a good few years to when I had space and bought more! Looking at your vase I see it has the same rigaree and foot and I'd agree with you that it's Welz. A rarer décor though!
  3. welzebub welzebub, 2 months ago
    Great grouping.... I love this new shape, but the grouping is really impressive..... What I like about groups in the same decor like this spatter, is that it shows the design (color combinations) to be intentional, and not random or haphazard.....
  4. sklo42 sklo42, 2 months ago
    Thank you, welzebub. What I like is that you can see the extremes of one décor. Furthest right back row is dark all over and furthest left front row is extremely pale.

Welz production is mind boggling really because new shapes/décors continue to turn up.
  5. Ivonne Ivonne, 2 months ago
    What a range of shapes ,decor combinations within one pattern.As for me,Welz is growing into a giant of the kind.
  6. sklo42 sklo42, 2 months ago
    Nice to hear that, Ivonne, and good hunting!