Wedgwood blue & white jasperware brooch

In Fine Jewelry > Cameos > Show & Tell.
Cameos84 of 422Black Wedgwood pendantIncolay Centaur Belt Buckle

EfesgirlEfesgirl loves this.
AdeleCAdeleC loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.

valentino97

Pretty blue and white jasperware cameo from Wedgwood, marked "Wedgwood Made In England C66". Along the setting marked SILVER. I'm not sure who the lady represents - she has a flower basket in one hand and a smush crack on the left side. Thank you Moonstonelover for this cameo, part of the 10 lb gift basket.

logo
    Cameos
    1870's Antique Victorian 10k Yellow Gold Agate Cameo Ring
    1870's Antique Victorian 10k Ye...
    $299
    Job Lot Vintage Cameo Jewellery inc Silver Marcasite Brooch, Earrings etc (AF)
    Job Lot Vintage Cameo Jewellery inc...
    $28
    Vintage Pearl Turquoise Cameo Shell 10K & 14K Gold Multi Pendant Charms 9.0 G NR
    Vintage Pearl Turquoise Cameo Shell...
    $225
    Victorian Carved Bacchante Shell Cameo and Silver Brooch
    Victorian Carved Bacchante Shell Ca...
    $61
    logo
    1870's Antique Victorian 10k Yellow Gold Agate Cameo Ring
    1870's Antique Victorian 10k Ye...
    $299

Comments

1. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you Thomas!
    2. AdeleC AdeleC, 4 years ago
      I think the 66 suggests that 1966 is when the brooch was made. I have a few similar brooches.
    3. Efesgirl Efesgirl, 4 years ago
      Yes, it was made in 1966. The letter in front of the number - in this case a "C" - refers to the workman's mark.
    4. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you AdeleC and Bonnie - I figured it was 1966. Thank you both for confirming.

Thank you Ken - yes it is!

Thanks friends for loves: Fort, Hel1, Judy, Mike and Kevin :-)
    5. Virginia.vintage Virginia.vintage, 4 years ago
      I love it!
    6. racer4four racer4four, 4 years ago
      She is so beautiful!
      Perhaps she is Chlorus (Greek) or Flora (Roman)?
    7. Wandlessfairy Wandlessfairy, 4 years ago
      I love the colour of Wedgwood blue. Very English. Stunning.
    8. cameosleuth cameosleuth, 4 years ago
      I don't know whether the artist assigned this figure a particular identity. Wedgwood does not seem to have an official Flora, nor a Spring/Springtime, & their Aurora is the one in a chariot, not a flower-strewing one. You will find ones that match her if you search for 'Wedgwood flower girl', as well as a couple of others, including a Christmas ornament, that are similar but not identical. They all owe something to the well-known Dancing Hours by Flaxman:

9. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      I'm a little behind - thank you Virginia, Karen and Wandlessfairy for your nice comments :-) I tried to look up the lady but I gave up after awhile, yes love the traditional blue.

Thank you - Cameosleuth for the link to cameotimes. I like this website! Thanks for helping me with info on my simple cameo collection. :-)

Thanks friends for loving this Wedgwood brooch - Ken, Aura and gargoyle :-)
    10. cameosleuth cameosleuth, 4 years ago
      Just spotted this one doing well on CW's high bid list for cameos:

http:www.ebay.com/itm/152709954630

Of course yours is priceless, because of the source. :)
    11. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Yes, cameosleuth - very nice ebay item! A lot of $$. Someday I will have to sell my treasures - but not yet. Now I am still the crazed and excited collector :-)
    12. cameosleuth cameosleuth, 4 years ago
      I'm not throwing stones from my Pyrex house. This moonstonelover seems to be a serious enabler! :)
    13. valentino97 valentino97, 4 years ago
      Thank you cameosleuth for your comment....yes, it's true. I wish she would stop being such a wonderful enabler of fantastic treasures! I can never find better delights, maybe I can find upcycle items.