Posted 4 years ago
Milwaukee Fire Department Captain’s Badge marked “Schwaab Stamp & Seal Co. Milwaukee & Chicago” dating this badge to 1888-1889. Schwaab was originally the Northwestern Stamp Works founded by Andrew Schwaab in 1881 with branches in St. Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI and Chicago. In May of 1888 the name was changed to “Schwaab Stamp and Seal Company”. The St. Paul and Chicago branches were sold off shortly there after.