Monumental Loetz Crete Papillion

In Art Glass > Loetz Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Loetz Art Glass21 of 1674Loetz Titania maigrün mit blattgrün Genre 5032, PN II-6113, ca. 1908Loetz Arcadia DEK I/12

VintagefranVintagefran loves this.
sklo42sklo42 loves this.
IvonneIvonne loves this.
IronLaceIronLace loves this.
artfootartfoot loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

Alan2310

I am very happy to add this vase to my LOETZ collection, i won this at an auction site, i have to mention that the seller picture didn't make his listing attractive, they all very dull colour and we don't really seeing the full beauty of this vase, that's definitely play on my side.
But i have to admit, when i pop at the post office and she pull the box, my heart flip twice, I was very scare to open it, as you can see on the last set of pictures, the box being squeeze nicely and more than once, after i open it, and realize the very poor packaging, i just think of one world, lucky me.
This is my second one in this decor"Crete" papillon, i have to use a black background to see the truly colour of this piece.
This vase also show a lot of wear at the base, make me think of a very old piece of LOETZ, not sure of the age, maybe some more experiance LOETZ collector can help me out with this, alway's much appreciated.

This vase stand 12 inches tall by 6.5 inches at the widest portion

Comments

1. vetraio50 vetraio50, 2 months ago
    PHEW !!!!
  2. Alan2310 Alan2310, 2 months ago
    @vetraio50, yes what a relief to get it with no damaged.
    Many thanks for your comment and appreciation of this post.
  3. Sammyz Sammyz, 2 months ago
    Hi Alan! I too have a Crete Papillon collection and I love this simple decor!
    This vase looks like a PN I-7620 from 1898 (Ricke). Nice classic shape, great find!
  4. Vintagefran Vintagefran, 2 months ago
    Beautiful vase. I think my heart would miss a beat seeing the box like that. Phew indeed.
  5. racer4four racer4four, 2 months ago
    I really wonder at people packing such a treasure so poorly.
    I am so glad it survived Alan! A beauty now in safe hands.
  6. Alan2310 Alan2310, 2 months ago
    Sammyz, thank you so much, I will have a look at this.
    Many thanks for commenting and appreciation of this post.
  7. Alan2310 Alan2310, 2 months ago
    Vintagefran, yes this is what happen, really lucky was intact.
    Many thanks for your comment and appreciation of this post.
  8. Alan2310 Alan2310, 2 months ago
    racer4four, I wonder too, charge big money for the shipping and use nothing for protection.
    Many thanks for commenting and for the appreciation of this post.
  9. jericho jericho, 2 months ago
    Haha, we gotta have a contest about best "soccer kicked box" lol
  10. Alan2310 Alan2310, 2 months ago
    @jerico, you gone love this video, my box it's on the second short video, less we can say, this guy love is job, LMAO
  11. Alan2310 Alan2310, 1 month ago
    EZa
    sklo42
    Oroyoroyisthatyourhorse
    Ivonne
    IronLace
    artfoot
    vetraio50v, to all of you for the appreciation of this post.
  12. Alan2310 Alan2310, 1 month ago
    THANK YOU, Poire for the appreciation of this post
  13. Alan2310 Alan2310, 1 month ago
    THANK YOU, Poire for the appreciation of this post, always a pleasure.