Portieux Vallerysthal Bavard Pressed Glass Candlesticks

In Glassware > Show & Tell and Lamps > Candlesticks and Candelabra > Show & Tell.
Glassware83 of 8007Cranberry hobnail rose bowlAmerican Brilliant Cut Crystal Dish?

antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.
kivatinitzkivatinitz loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
AdeleCAdeleC loves this.
JImamJImam loves this.
auraaura loves this.
IvonneIvonne loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.

Posted 1 month ago

freiheit

After searching for some time, this is what I believe these two candlesticks are: Portieux Vallerysthal Bavard Pressed Glass with Dolphins. I am not sure about their age. My candlesticks need some cleaning but they are in perfect condition. That's what scares me: Are they the real deal? I looked for recent copies/fakes but didn't come across any so far. Maybe my candlesticks were just kept in a cupboard for some time, or, someone made a copy. I hope I will find out - or maybe not.

Thanks for looking:)

Comments

1. Ivonne Ivonne, 1 month ago
    I have an opaline glass vase P/V and was looking for information about its age.The shape came from 19c but I suspected it to be a younger one .I found this article with photos of old moulds which are still used for making glass,as you can see not only opaline.If old moulds are in use in the same place,I won't call the products fake or copy.Maybe just 'post-production' :)
  2. freiheit freiheit, 1 month ago
    Ivonne, thanks so much for your informative comment and link. I actually saw my candlesticks on one of the catalogue pages! After your help, I am pretty sure that my candlesticks were made using the old molds. I guess that conclusion is not as good as if they were the real thing but not as bad as having a fake. I like your term "post-production"!
  3. freiheit freiheit, 1 month ago
    Many thanks to all of you:
    PhilDMorris,
    mikelv85,
    antiquerose,
    AdeleC,
    JImam,
    aura,
    Ivonne,
    Hel1,
    fortapache,
    TassieDevil, and
    vetraio50 :)
  4. kivatinitz kivatinitz, 28 days ago
    wow envy you
  5. freiheit freiheit, 26 days ago
    Thanks so much for your comment, kivatinitz:)
  6. freiheit freiheit, 25 days ago