Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Vintage metal switch plate cover

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
Tools and Hardware2876 of 9205Mammy Cast Iron Door Stop from family lakehouseENJOY COCA~COLA 14 KT. GOLD PLATED Tape Measure MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Love it
Like it

fortapachefortapache loves this.
Horseradishman1Horseradishman1 loves this.
vetraio50vetraio50 loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
See 2 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 4 years ago

    (27 items)

    I found this in a box a the flea is metal and all has a UL stamp on it. Does anyone know anything about it maybe where it came from. I was thinking a haunted mansion maybe Disney.

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.

    Tools and Hardware
    See all
    Vintage Antique Solid Brass Bacchus Dionysus Greek God Of Wine Face Door Knocker
    Vintage Antique Solid Brass Bacchus...
    Brass Cabinet Latch Antique Furniture Latch Victorian Eastlake Cabinet Latch
    Brass Cabinet Latch Antique Furnitu...
    Antique Cabinet Furniture Key Hollow Barrel Skeleton Key
    Antique Cabinet Furniture Key Hollo...
    Antique Brass Double Front Mount Coat Hook Porcelain Knobs old classic vintage
    Antique Brass Double Front Mount Co...
    Vintage Antique Solid Brass Bacchus Dionysus Greek God Of Wine Face Door Knocker
    Vintage Antique Solid Brass Bacchus...
    See all


    1. markmo56, 4 years ago
      It looks like a super fancy double light switch cover. If you lay it over a double switch, do the holes line up?
    2. markmo56, 4 years ago
      Oops. I just re-read your post. You've already figured that out!
    3. JOHNNY4, 4 years ago
      Yea. I just don't know where it would of come from. It's all welded metal. Thanks
    4. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 4 years ago
      It is kinda cool, but I'm not sure I see anything "victorian" or even "halloween" about it...?

      But what it *does* look like, maybe, is somebody's 'arts and crafts' (or trade school or something?) project made using a small welder...??

      UL stampings like that are (and have been for many many years) commonly found on the front sides of ordinary galvanized steel electrical switch/outlet cover plates usually intended for use in basements/garages/etc. I'm betting that's what it started its life as, before somebody "decorated" it for some reason??

      All your pics appear to be of its front side -- what's the back look like?
    5. JOHNNY4, 4 years ago
      I'll post a pic of the back in a little bit

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.