Vintage gas Station and old car

In Petroliana > Show & Tell and Photographs > Show & Tell.
Petroliana560 of 3491oil can collection Pure gasoline pump plates

EJW-54EJW-54 loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
bobby725bobby725 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
SpiritBearSpiritBear loves this.

Manikin

I was going through some old family photo's and instantly loved this old gas station showing the Crown globes and a visible gas pump. It is my Great Uncle and photo was taken in 1942 . I don't know what kind of car but I bet someone does :-) Gasoline was 18 cents a gallon !
    As a child he was a favorite since he owned a Ice Cream Parlor and candy store :-)
    Happy New Year to all my Friends on CW
    *****************
    I found another photo of My Great Uncles car I went searching after gargoyle identified car at gas pumps as a 1936 olds . Here is side view but the grill looks different ? Not sure if same car? . It was a separate photo I believe they are same car and it says in front of motel on back so would have been outside Illinois on way to Canada I would guess as they traveled there several times to see family

logo
    Petroliana
    Antique Original Standard Oil, Crown Gas Pump Glass Globe Sign, NR
    Antique Original Standard Oil, Crow...
    $474
    Oilzum half gallon oil can
    Oilzum half gallon oil can...
    $1,575
    Vintage Original 6Gulf Gas Station Porcelain Sign with frame and Pole
    Vintage Original 6Gulf Gas Station ...
    $6,500
    Original 1940s Vintage Rear Brake light stop auto gas accessory Rat old Hot rod
    Original 1940s Vintage Rear Brake l...
    $57
    logo
    Antique Original Standard Oil, Crown Gas Pump Glass Globe Sign, NR
    Antique Original Standard Oil, Crow...
    $474

Comments

1. officialfuel officialfuel, 3 years ago
      Happy New Year Manikin! ????????????????????

Michael
    2. officialfuel officialfuel, 3 years ago
      Manikin not sure what happened with the question marks?
    3. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      Happy New Year Micheal and here is to another year of finding more treasure , I guess your ? mark stuck lol that is funny :-)
    4. Newfld Newfld, 3 years ago
      What a wonderful family photo to treasure Mani, and a nice memory about your great uncle. Have a fabulous new year - luv Jenni
    5. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      Thank you Newfld and I look forward to your posts this year :-)
    6. fortapache fortapache, 3 years ago
      Neat photo. Happy New Year Manikan!
    7. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 3 years ago
      Happiest New Year wishes to you Mani, may all kinds of good blessings occur for you in 2018, Love to you !~
    8. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 3 years ago
      I don't think that's a Ford, but its hood ornament (or should I say *mascot*?) looks an awful lot like a DeSoto one somebody else posted recently...? GREAT OLD PHOTO, anyways! :-)
    9. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 3 years ago
      It does not appear to be a desoto ornament and thought about the indian chief ornament and almost looks too like a greyhound ?? Maybe somebody with better eyesight than mine can help. The desoto looks up mainly this appears looking straight forward?
    10. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 3 years ago
      I am better with french mascots than american, need new eyes, don't tell me to look on ebay for some :~)
    11. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 3 years ago
      And then, there's that (likely pretty fun in its own right) 'streetlight' fixture on a pole-arm in the background...I'm not sure I've ever seen another like it. Mani, could you share *where* this photo was taken?
    12. Caperkid, 3 years ago
      Great photo.Happy New Year Mani.
    13. Trey Trey, 3 years ago
      Happy New Year !!!! Cool photo :)
    14. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      Thank you fortapache, always nice to see you dropped by -:)
      Hi bratjdd have missed seeing you . I have no idea what kind of car but I think I saw that Grill on American Pickers and
      AnythingObscure I have seen those types of light fixtures also on American Pickers and he always buys them . He lived in Moline Illinois but did travel , I have only what is wrote on photo it does not say where he was .
      Thank you Caperkid much appreciated and
      Trey I think that one of these pumps would look good in your man cave :-)

15. rniederman rniederman, 3 years ago
      Happy New Year! - Rob
    16. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      Happy New Year Rob and thanks for dropping in today always appreciated :-)
    17. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      Happy New Year and thank all of you for dropping in today :-) I always appreciate each of you and your posts .
      oldpeep
      fortapache
      buckethead
      EJW-54
      nutsabotas6
      MacDaddyRico
      bobby725
      SpiritBear
      melaniej
      mikelv85
      shughs
    18. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 3 years ago

1936 Olds at a Standard oil station with early visible and computing pumps!
    19. Trey Trey, 3 years ago
      I have been looking for a clock face pump like that:) maybe you will find me one !!!! You have an impeccable record so far :)
    20. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      Thanks Gargoyle I knew you could ID it . I had another photo of car and now that I think of it , it may have said Olds on it now I have to go look through a mound of photo's to find it :-) Happy New Year and Happy hunting
    21. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      Well if I find one Trey you will be notified ASAP :-))))))
    22. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 3 years ago

1940 Olds
    23. subi450 subi450, 3 years ago
      Happy New Year, thanks for all the help in 20017. Love this photo.
    24. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      Happy New Year subi450, and glad I was able to help :-)
    25. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      gargoyle are these 2 different cars he had ? They look different to my eye :-)
    26. Trey Trey, 3 years ago
      I can’t wait :)
    27. gargoylecollector gargoylecollector, 3 years ago
      yes a 1936 and 1940 Oldsmobile!He must have been an Olds-man.Like the father on The Christmas Story movie!
    28. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      Must be genetic gargoyle lol I have had a Olds since 1989 and it has original 49k mi on it :-)
    29. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      Many thanks to all of you that took time to stop by I appreciate each of you and Happy New Year and Happy treasure hunting too :-)
      Daddy_Nobucks
      subi450
      VioletOrange
      lisa
      vetraio50
      Chevelleman69
      rniederman
      Longings
      trukn20
      pw-collector
      sanhardin
      TheGateKeeper

30. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      Thank you Phil as always I am grateful for the support you always give my posts and for your friendship over the years ! xo
    31. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 3 years ago
      HI, Mani ! I'm still alive & luving this poste.
      HQ SXM Chinie restaurant
    32. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 3 years ago
      Great photos! That looks like a Jaguar hood ornament to me. But I have no idea. The second one is def a different car tho. My grandparents owned a dry cleaning biz and a candy store too! My grandmother had the old press machine in the garage for years! Great memories! ;)
    33. jscott0363 jscott0363, 3 years ago
      What GREAT old photos!! I love these!
    34. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 3 years ago
      Mani, are you going for the record on this one. Yeah, I'm tired of harassing the natives & your name came up. LOL !!
    35. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      Hiya bb2 have missed seeing you ! Are you back on island ? xo
    36. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      Many thanks to all of you for taking time to stop at my post always appreciated !
      jscott0363
      f64imagerf
      usedcarlady
      iggy
      Phonoboy
      Mrstyndall
    37. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 3 years ago
      This is the 2nd time I have answered you, Mani. The power went out (again) just as I was going for the sent. Yeah, back on the Rock. Still waiting for wifi @ the house. Long waiting list (1 month) since everybody's connection was blown away. Have friends who say they can shorten the wait for me. The eye of Irma went right over SXM. Wind gusts recorded of 240 mph. It sure shows. I can't follow CW yet, but hi for now.
      HQ in Chinie restaurant
    38. kyratango kyratango, 3 years ago
      OH Mani, wonderful photos!
      Still time to wish you a happy, healthy, wealthy, busy New Year! XOXO
    39. Manikin Manikin, 3 years ago
      kyratango I wish the very BEST for you this year also and hope you find many more treasures ! xoxo
    40. OLECODY OLECODY, 3 years ago
      Love your old family pictures definitely a 36 olds
    41. Coke1234 Coke1234, 2 years ago
      A year late so Merry Christmas for 2018 and a happy 2019. Wow time flys. Cool old photos.
    42. Roycroftbooksfromme1, 2 years ago
      Hey nice picture ... Did I miss New Years again, it was all a white blur....lol '-0 Hope things a good with you .. great on this end ...but the wife says I'm slowing down ... looking for something younger I think ....smiling ...later my friend, stay safe..
    43. Manikin Manikin, 2 years ago
      Thank you for stopping much appreciated
      Vynil33rpm
      Roycroftbooksfromme............... I am doing ok and yep we all have aged a bit since we met here years ago on CW . I was going myself in on a younger model lol . See ya later my dear old friend oh I mean young friend <smilie>
    44. Gonavy Gonavy, 1 year ago
      Wow I just love old cars and the old visable and globe gas station from yester years love it. Thanks for sharing and the memories.
    45. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
      Thank you Gonavy, I appreciate you stopping at leaving such a nice comment :-)
    46. Gonavy Gonavy, 1 year ago
      No problem Manikin keep sharing.
    47. Findings, 1 year ago
      Nice photo's.... Happy New Year ..
    48. Manikin Manikin, 1 year ago
      Happy New Year! Findings and Thank you for stopping :-)
    49. Roycroftbooksfromme1, 8 months ago
      Well little girl,how art thou..things are fine on my end I mean I wake up every morning and look forward to my feet touching the cold floor ...smiling hope your floor is warm ...'-))

smiling
    50. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 8 months ago
      Ah, more stories from the frozen north. LOL !
    51. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
      Top of the day to you Ohroy ..... I am holding my own with all the lock downs and a very hot humid summer . But I agree always glad I land on my feet in morning <smiling>
    52. Manikin Manikin, 8 months ago
      Hiya bb2 you miss the snow I know you do lol xo
    53. Trey Trey, 8 months ago
      Still looking for one of those pumps :) I hope you are well and happy hunting :)
    54. Manikin Manikin, 3 months ago
      Thank you for stopping Brunswick I hope you always keep that music playing !
      Retrofutura many thanks for stopping I sure apreciate it :-)

Trey if I ever see a pump like that your the 1st person I will call I promise xo