Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Some kind of old lock. Need info

In Tools and Hardware > Locks > Show & Tell.
All items16968 of 197848Help identifying thisMonarch Cement Bag
Love it
Like it

Horseradishman1Horseradishman1 loves this.
lzenglishlzenglish loves this.
iggyiggy loves this.
AnythingObscureAnythingObscure loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
bobby725bobby725 loves this.
See 4 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 1 year ago

    (1 item)

    Some kind of lock. Need info. Looks pretty old. Of anyome knows anything please let me kmow. Its really Interesting


    1. UncleRon UncleRon, 1 year ago
      This is called a "screw key" lock. Inside the body is the bolt, which passes through a hole in the shackle, at its end opposite the hinge. A spring holds the bolt in the "locked" position in the shackle. The key has threads on its end which screw into the bolt pulling it back against the spring and out of the shackle. The decoration on this piece suggests that it was made in the Near East, e.g. Turkey, Iraq, etc.

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.