Rare Signed Sherman OPAQUE JADE GREEN & PEACOCK BLUE AB- BUTTERFLY CLUSTER MOTIF BRACELET

In Costume Jewelry > Art Deco Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell and Costume Jewelry > Sherman Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Art Deco Costume Jewelry57 of 270Magnificent Sherman Parure, Bracelet & Set, Rarest Of Rare Opague Blue Stones With Other Blues !~Camphor glass?

BroochmanBroochman loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.
antiqueroseantiquerose loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.

PhilDMorris

I received this mid-March 2018.
    I have not seen anything like it by Sherman before with the unusual shape of some of the jade stones. Vintage, Late 1950's - Opaque Jade Green, Emerald and Peacock Blue AB Color - Round, Marquise and Pear Shaped Crystals, this design is designed as a 1 " wide butterfly cluster motif bracelet featuring alternating butterfly shaped links. The bracelet is done in a series of dazzling and intense opaque jade green, emerald green and peacock blue AB color round, pear and marquise shaped crystals set in a gold plated setting. The piece comes off mainly in greens with the blue stones so well balanced in there, and the hardly noticable AB stones so dull and looking more like a regular rhinestone design. Normally, I hate AB stones, especially if and when the whole bracelets are ab. I recived this about the 19th of March from my main Toronto seller. I collect mainly bracelets, do not really like a lot of the necklaces, and I try to have few brooches unless a good design or in a set/parure.

In CW's essay on Sherman they say Sherman's motto was Jewellery made to last a lifetime.
    When Sherman was in business he had no idea how long his jewellery would last. How could he ?? He was a jeweler and could not predict the future. The truth is that it was up to the retailer to advertise and promote the jewellery and the sales. Luckily we are all blessed that so many of his pieces lasted through time ! The experts in books knew that and they would never agree with Sherman using that motto. His motto was simply Jewels of Elegance.

logo
    Art Deco Costume Jewelry
    SIGNED VINTAGE ART DECO JEWELLERY LARGE PASTE DUETTE BROOCH PIN DRESS CLIPS CORO
    SIGNED VINTAGE ART DECO JEWELLERY L...
    $11
    5 RARE MAX NEIGER ART DECO EGYPTIAN REVIVAL SCARAB GLASS CAB STONES CRAFT GREEN
    5 RARE MAX NEIGER ART DECO EGYPTIAN...
    $6
    VINTAGE ART DECO MAZER TUTTI FRUTTI SAPPHIRE EMERALD RUBY GLASS FLOWER BRACELET
    VINTAGE ART DECO MAZER TUTTI FRUTTI...
    $24
    ART DECO Faux Pearls Flapper Beads Cluster Long Pearl Necklace Great Gatsby 55"
    ART DECO Faux Pearls Flapper Beads ...
    $11
    logo
    SIGNED VINTAGE ART DECO JEWELLERY L...
    $11

Comments

1. Newfld Newfld, 2 years ago
      Incredibly beautiful Sherman bracelet, you have only the finest Phil & this green glowing butterfly type is truly gorgeous
    2. antiquerose antiquerose, 2 years ago
      WOW - Beautiful Phil, and I love the color combo of the Blue and the Green. It really works.

That color combo reminds me of my glass vase with those 2 colors:

3. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      Yes Rose, it does too, love it !
    4. jscott0363 jscott0363, 2 years ago
      Wow, this is BEAUTIFUL Phil!! Incredible photography!
    5. racer4four racer4four, 2 years ago
      Phil your photos are jewellery port really!
      I'm amazed how this bracelet works the opaque stones into the design. Brilliant.
    6. betweenthelens betweenthelens, 2 years ago
      Wow! Another gorgeous piece!
    7. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 years ago
      Lovely Bracelet Phil....
      I am surprised that you "hate" ( pretty strong word there)
      Aroro Borealis stones :(
      After all, they were invented by the same company Sherman bought their crystals from...
      Manfred Swarovski, along with Christian Dior, perfected these beautiful stones in 1955
      to reflect color and enhance the brilliance of their Costume jewelry.
      I suppose a whole bracelet of AB is not for everyone, but a few stones don't hurt?
      Right?, my friend! :)
      But also...to each his own and I respect your opinion.
    8. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 years ago
      Opps..no coffee yet
      AURORA
    9. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      This is wonderful - and what a combination of colors! Great photo of another gorgeous bracelet from Sherman. I am not a big fan of all AB, but sprinkled in the right way - FAB as in FAB AB! (I loved the English series Ab Fab too. LOL) Now that I've said that....posting a red/grey/AB for you :-)
    10. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      Yes Eileen, you are more correct than I in my evaluation of AB stones... a lot of jewellers made crap from AB but Sherman made some real boners when it comes to design and their use of AB. I intend to show some of the real crap that The Esteemed Sherman made also. Love to you. On the other hand I love some AB when the colour is more pronounced rather than white with hints of violet etc. There were triumphs and there were dismal failures, I have one or two of those.
    11. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      Valentino came along and gave me a better wording. She sees it just the way it is and I fully agree, thanks Valentino !~
    12. valentino97 valentino97, 2 years ago
      Phil, it's okay if you think the bracelet I just posted was a poor mix of AB - boner! I think using too many AB stones weakens the colors of the design. But a few - not bad!

And, now for something completely different - I emailed you the creep aligator image :-)
    13. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      Actually loved the bracelet and the aligater, not sure in what order, and I agree full with you on the AB debate !~
    14. Andreamw, 2 years ago
      That is just gorgeous!!! My favorite color combo, too. Thanks for sharing these treasures!
    15. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      Thanks Newfld, Jenni for such a nice compliment !~
    16. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      Thank you jscott0363 for the appreciation !~
    17. MALKEY MALKEY, 2 years ago
      star light piccys so dreamy of the emerald isle just love the piece phild
      my friend
      and so much knowledge freely given your a star
    18. cindyjune cindyjune, 2 years ago
      I love seeing your Sherman jewelry! The photos take my breath away!
    19. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      Thank you so much betweenthelens !~
    20. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      Thank you racer4four, love to you !~
    21. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      Thank you betweenthelens for being here !
    22. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      Karen, love to you !
    23. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 2 years ago
      Gorgeous bracelet!
    24. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 1 year ago
      Thanks antiquerose, I much appreciate your comment !~
    25. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 months ago
      Is this the bracelet that matches Leanne’s lovely opaque green and AB set?
      And you are so right with opaque stones being the rarest..rarely see them!
      Gorgeous bracelet!
    26. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 3 months ago
      Hi Eileen, I do not remember if I know Leanne. I like an almost invisible wash of AB on the stones, gives more definition to the colour.
    27. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 months ago
      Phil, her handle is “Daisy1000”
      She is our new Sherman collector....