"Bee kind" or starting my flying bug collection

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Brooches > Show & Tell and Costume Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Costume Brooches654 of 2422GIVENCHY - Pin need help identifyingJust a few more Brooches

racer4fourracer4four loves this.
betweenthelensbetweenthelens loves this.
mikelv85mikelv85 loves this.
TassieDevilTassieDevil loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.
TigraTigra loves this.
BrunswickBrunswick loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
auraaura loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
MrstyndallMrstyndall loves this.

valentino97

I've posted the 1940's Coro pin before. Here's a cute Damasene fly (circa 50's-60's). They are just over 1". I pinned them to a padded tablet case my sister made for me. (I love books on tape.) Flight attendant last week made a comment how sweet they were. Always nice to get a comment. Originally I pinned my 1960's tin litho bugs, but one broke - can't lose those beauties..... https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/76318-if-something-bugs-you

I put tape on the back of the fabric for extra safety.

SO, I will never have the beautiful bug collection that Kyra and other CW friends have but I'm looking to add some buzz to my world. :-)

6/25/2018

logo
    Costume Brooches
    I Am Edgar Berebi My  In A Row Angel Luck Liu Vintage Brooch PinMade 2001 New
    I Am Edgar Berebi My In A Row Ange...
    $34
    Green Crystal Shamrock 4Leaf Clover Vintage Gold Pin Brooch D-1386
    Green Crystal Shamrock 4Leaf Clover...
    $15
    Brooch Women  Antique Vintage Crystal Pin Jewelry Accesso Feather Rhinestone
    Brooch Women Antique Vintage Cryst...
    $3
    Brooch Crystal Pin Women  Antique Accesso Feather Vintage Jewelry Rhinestone
    Brooch Crystal Pin Women Antique A...
    $4
    logo
    I Am Edgar Berebi My  In A Row Angel Luck Liu Vintage Brooch PinMade 2001 New
    I Am Edgar Berebi My In A Row Ange...
    $34

Comments

1. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 3 years ago
      You have all the bugs I want !~
    2. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 years ago
      I love the Damasene bee, and such a cute way to display them!
      Don't you love it when people comment on our vintage? Makes my day!!
    3. Newfld Newfld, 3 years ago
      Both buggies are gorgeous, the new one is like a work of art
    4. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
      Phil - thanks for loving the bugs!

Eileen - oh yes, I was surprised. The flight attendant hit the light above my seat - I didn't know why, then she came by to tell me she loved my bugs. We talked a little about vintage. Everyone around us was interested too. It was fun!
    5. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
      Or maybe they thought I was a weird old lady..LOL..who will care about my treasures?
    6. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
      Jenni - thank you dear!
    7. Brunswick Brunswick, 3 years ago
      Out here...among the nature of Life and its beings..I encounter many types of insects..I have actually been stung twice just this week! Lol! Anyhoo..This is a beautiful example!!

Thomas.
    8. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
      Thomas - when that happens, I really hate buzzing bugs. I have welts from my Texas trip on both ankles....ha ha ha....only a matter of time when I am bitten to shreds here at home. Thanks for your love!
    9. kyratango kyratango, 3 years ago
      Bzz BZZ attack!!! ?¥?
      Love them both (moth?), Mary, and the way you "use" them!!! ;-D
    10. betweenthelens betweenthelens, 3 years ago
      Lovely!
    11. racer4four racer4four, 3 years ago
      The bzzzzzzest!
    12. valentino97 valentino97, 3 years ago
      Kyra - thank you, I like to pin my pins to get a comment :-)

Laura - thank you for your lovely comment :-)

Karen - thank you for your bzzest best comment :-)

Friends - thank you: Ken, MrsT, Hel1, Aura, Mani, Kevin, Fort, Tigra, Judy, Mike!