Share your favorites on Show & Tell

What is this!

In Tools and Hardware > Show & Tell.
BrandeeHeartlee's items1 of 1
Love it
Like it

MyCountryMyCountry loves this.
Horseradishman1Horseradishman1 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
ToyrebelToyrebel loves this.
See 3 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 3 years ago

    (1 item)

    Someone found this in their dad's old barn. Dad isn't around to say what it is. We are all stumped, but I am thinking a juice press or something

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.

    Tools and Hardware
    See all
    Lie Nielsen Number 8 Plane
    Lie Nielsen Number 8 Plane...
    4 Antique Brass Swan Neck Bails Cabinet Drawer Pull handles approx.  3"cntr #H39
    4 Antique Brass Swan Neck Bails Cab...
    Vtg Collins & Co. Hartford Legitimus Puget Sound 13-3/16" Felling Axe 4 1/2 LB
    Vtg Collins & Co. Hartford Legitimu...
    Vintage/Antique - OLD Tool, Axe Head - Unknown Maker - PLUMB,HYTEST,KELLY 4 1/2
    Vintage/Antique - OLD Tool, Axe Hea...
    Lie Nielsen Number 8 Plane
    Lie Nielsen Number 8 Plane...
    See all


    1. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 3 years ago
      That is called a float. You use it to finish freshly poured concrete.
    2. Horseradishman1 Horseradishman1, 3 years ago
      I had to look again and now I see the hinges! I think you are right about being a press. Maybe a hamburger or tortilla press. Fruit would explode everywhere!
    3. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 3 years ago
      Sorry, it looked like a sidewalk float to me. I can't enlarge these pictures for some reason. Most pictures on here click open.
    4. BrandeeHeartlee, 3 years ago
      Yeah the guys who was working at the house it was found at are masonry workers. It has a groove in the middle of the bottom board and a little indention I guess you would say on the side that looks like it's for a fluid of some type to flow from. I figured it's something a farmer or something made a long time ago. But for what, I have no idea! Haha

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.