Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Strange glassware

In Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Art Glass17053 of 17700Any ideas on these pieces? Thanks!A Pair of Georgian Salts.
Love it
Like it

Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 6 years ago


(6 items)

I have no clue what this thing is...any help would be appreciated!It's between 12 and 18 inches long I'm guessing.

Mystery Solved


  1. StealthRaider StealthRaider, 6 years ago
    Not sure how had a sticker on it at one time though.
  2. Milo, 6 years ago
    This is a bulb that were typically designed to be filled with water and then stuck tip down into a potted plant as a decorative way to continually water it. i do not know when they were initially instituted, but what i do know is that through the 90's and 2000's they were also sold via infomercials and mass produced.
  3. TeresaD TeresaD, 6 years ago
    Yes thats what it is
  4. StealthRaider StealthRaider, 6 years ago
    Okay thanks....I'll take the picture down later tonight.
  5. Nancy Salisbury, 6 years ago
    My husband has several of these he uses in his potted plants . He bought his at Wal-Mart .
  6. vintagemad vintagemad, 6 years ago
    I agree with AR8 leave the post up.
  7. StealthRaider StealthRaider, 6 years ago
    Okay,I'll leave it up.
  8. Cassata Cassata, 6 years ago
    yes this is an aqua globe not old at all plus there pretty cheap

    Cassata's Bottle Excavation,
  9. Hedgewalker Hedgewalker, 6 years ago
    Kind of on subject.I've seen some gazing balls that were very interesting and looked like real art glass pieces.I've been tempted but couldn't pull the trigger.Maybe I should try to break that train of thought and buy whether vintage or not if it really impresses me and the price is right.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.