Share your favorites on Show & Tell

Vintage Vase Unmarked with Elephant Trunk Handles

In Pottery > Show & Tell.
ho2cultcha's loves1015 of 18606Fulper two handled jug/vaseSome of my Favorite  Weller.
Love it
Like it

ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.
LovelyPatLovelyPat loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
nutsabotas6nutsabotas6 loves this.
See 3 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 1 year ago

    (26 items)

    I've been looking for years in Google searching for Vintage Vase with two handles. I also researched G for same but added Elephant type handles. This was part of the description when I bought it. Sometimes I include "White" & "unmarked" along with the searching. So I've seen hundreds and hundreds of examples but never one like this. The base does have the 3 marks (?) that I cannoot remember the term for. It's the tool the pot rests on when in the oven.

    The detail is quite nice. As far as the handles go they kind of look like an elephants trunk. Just not terribly sure.
    The walls of it are not thick or heavy. It stands about 12 - 14' Tall.

    Unsolved Mystery

    Help us close this case. Add your knowledge below.

    See all
    Large Rare Antique NORSE Arts & Crafts Period Ferns Decoration Art Pottery Vase
    Large Rare Antique NORSE Arts & Cra...
    Rare Art Deco Roseville "Futura" Modernistic "Rocket Ship" Pottery Vase - 1928
    Rare Art Deco Roseville "Futura...
    ANTIQUE Majolica Wannopee Lettuce Leaf Salad Plates - 6.25W
    ANTIQUE Majolica Wannopee Lettuce L...
    'Candy Clown' A Surreal Southern Folk Art cup mug by Face Jug Maker Ron Dahline
    'Candy Clown' A Surreal Sou...
    Large Rare Antique NORSE Arts & Crafts Period Ferns Decoration Art Pottery Vase
    Large Rare Antique NORSE Arts & Cra...
    See all


    1. art.pottery, 1 year ago
      About all I can tell you is the term you’re looking for is “stilt marks” or “stilt pulls”. I like the form, but I don’t believe I’ve seen it before. The lack of any markings or distinctive base features leaves me without a starting place. My two best guesses were Haeger or “Ohio” (not Red Wing) Rumrill - but if it were either I think I’d recognize the form.
    2. art.pottery, 1 year ago
      Maybe “gargoyle handles” would get you something on a search?
    3. victorianchildsdishesfan, 5 months ago
      Again, I somehow missed your reply from 9 months ago. So my belated thanks. I'll give your suggestions a try. I wonder why i'm not getting emails?
    4. victorianchildsdishesfan, 3 months ago
      Well "art.pottery" I have spent months searching by your suggestions; "gargoyle handles" and Haeger & Ohio. No luck. Hoping someone may have seen this style vase by now and can help me. I'm hoping.
    5. billretirecoll billretirecoll, 3 months ago
      Here's a google search with one close to yours, but can't find it on Pick click:

      Sorry best I can do! :^)

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.