Hattie Carnegie owl brooch

In Costume Jewelry > Hattie Carnegie Jewelry > Show & Tell and Animals > Owls > Show & Tell.
Hattie Carnegie Jewelry6 of 28 Vintage, "Hattie Carnegie" Brooch, Circa 1950 	Hattie Carnegie giraffe brooch,  Westland giraffe trinket box

AnnaBAnnaB loves this.
auraaura loves this.
kyratangokyratango loves this.
LaurenRedmondLaurenRedmond loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.

Posted 11 months ago

Newfld

Here is a 2" exotic looking goldtone owl brooch with a mask-like head, fuchsia pink & purple rhinestone body and faceted garnet navette eyes. By Hattie Carnegie ca 50s-60s

Comments

1. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 11 months ago
      This owl looks very clever, none better !~
    2. LaurenRedmond LaurenRedmond, 11 months ago
      Lovely little owl- he's slightly ominous looking though with his little red eyes and slight frown!
    3. nutsabotas6 nutsabotas6, 11 months ago
      Gorgeous owl brooch!!! I love the different color rhinestones on his body. A very wise looking fellow! :)
    4. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 11 months ago
      I believe your lovely owl is fashioned after the Great Horned Owl.
      Owls are my favorite bird, next to woodpeckers. My grandson & I would go up the apple orchard just at dusk and " talk" to the owls. Seriously...and they would "hoot" back.
      Once again you brought a favorite memory to life for me, my dear friend.
      I thank you and your owl is just wonderful!!
    5. Caperkid, 11 months ago
      Ditto for me Jenni .
    6. Newfld Newfld, 11 months ago
      Thanks Phil for the kind words about my wise ol owl, it does have that know it all quality lol

Lauren I'm with you on the ominous eyes, the rhinestone colors on this brooch first attracted me plus the Carnegie design, then when it arrived I really looked at the eyes and said whoa, kinda scary, I thought between the eyes and mask looking face it should be posted around Halloween or Carnival time!

Thanks so much Ken for seeing the pretty in this owl, I really do adore the blend of round rhinestone colors plus dark red contrasting eyes, plus that ropey design down the body - very kind compliments

Eileen you are so right, it appears to be a horned owl design, you will probably recall Carnegie and other designers like Jomaz loved this type owl in their designs, it was pretty popular. I love that you and grandson would hoot at the evening owls, hey I love to do that too with other animals & they sort of do answer you - while walking down a street if I hear a pretty wild bird call I try to whistle & mimic it, they often respond or seem to (don't try that with red winged blackbirds however, they are territorial & might attack you!). Love your comments always :)

Roy thank you so much for the great comment my friend

Appreciate the Halloween luv here
      Phil
      Lauren
      Pascale
      aura
      Ken
      Eileen
      fort
      Alan
      Kevin
      Judy
      Vet
    7. Newfld Newfld, 11 months ago
      Thanks very much for the love & thoughtfulness buckethead and iggy, very much appreciated guys
    8. Newfld Newfld, 11 months ago
      Many thanks Thomas for the very nice Halloween luv, enjoy the day
    9. Newfld Newfld, 11 months ago
      Thanks so much Mary for enjoying my sneaky looking owl here, always appreciate the love and thoughtfulness
    10. Newfld Newfld, 11 months ago
      Very pleased you liked this owl lentilka, you're so kind and I'm truly grateful for the love & support
    11. Newfld Newfld, 10 months ago
      Thank you kindly Mary and Passion4Cameos for the love, glad you liked this and appreciate your thoughtfulness
    12. jbingham95 jbingham95, 10 months ago
      Very nice.I have a Hattie Carnegie turtle.
    13. Newfld Newfld, 10 months ago
      Thanks jbingham95 for the great compliment and love, didn't Carnegie make some great figurals, always with a touch of elegance

Really appreciate the kind love and support Sean, thank you so much
    14. Newfld Newfld, 10 months ago
      Very pleased you liked my "spooky" Carnegie owl Anna, it has a pretty design & colors but oh those eyes lol! Always super appreciate the kind and thoughtful love :)