Colourful Mexican Sterling Bracelet

In Fine Jewelry > Bracelets > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Mexican Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Bracelets3 of 426Thrift store braceletSilver Filigree Bracelet - Israel? - Multi-Gemstones

keramikoskeramikos loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
SheluvsjewelrySheluvsjewelry loves this.
truthordaretruthordare loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

freiheit

How would you call this style of bracelet? I have been looking all over but didn't find a Mexican piece like this so far.

I am not sure what the teardrop shape inlays are made of. I guess it could be some sort of plastic or enamel.

Thanks for looking:)

Comments

1. truthordare truthordare, 2 months ago
      WOW! I have never seen this Mexico sterling style of bracelet either, and I collected them for a while. Don't know what you would call it, its more a necklace style with a fringe of pendant stones. I love it!!!
    2. freiheit freiheit, 2 months ago
      Truthordare, many thanks for your comment. I am glad I am not the only one who has never seen one like this:)
    3. Newfld Newfld, 2 months ago
      Beautiful bracelet with great style, love the colorful teardrop stones and their dangles
    4. freiheit freiheit, 2 months ago
      Thanks for your comment, Newfld. I like the colours, too, even though I usually prefer a monochromatic scheme. I have a ring matching the colours. It is also Mexican. I think they will look great together in the summer:)
    5. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 2 months ago
      Pretty colors and neat design!
    6. freiheit freiheit, 2 months ago
      Thanks for your nice comment, Mrstyndall:)
    7. valentino97 valentino97, 2 months ago
      It's just beautiful! Now you have to find the necklace and earrings too. I love it
    8. shareurpassion shareurpassion, 1 month ago
      Yes this is very sweet. Looks like turquoise, coral, suglite (sp) sounds like soo-ja-lite, it's purplish, I see gaspite...haha I feel like hobo Kelley! Super bracelet! If i'm reading it right It looks to be from Taxco. It's got the T, oh heck, I can barely see it, lol. May be some Howlite and I'm now stuck on the CRS (Can't remember You know what!)
    9. keramikos keramikos, 1 month ago
      freiheit, Beautiful.

It seems crazy to me to make a piece of jewelry pairing sterling silver with plastic, but I suppose if it was made during WWII it could have been:

*snip*

Ever wonder why costume jewelry was made from Sterling Silver during the second world war? In a nutshell it had everything to do with WWII and the shortage of copper and other essential metals used by costume jewelry manufacturers.

*snip*

Still, the veining in some of the colored pieces would seem like a lot of trouble to go to in a simulate stone.

shareurpassion, It is difficult to read that stamp, isn't it?

The first line looks like "TV-IIM." Not sure what that would mean.

The first character of the second line is illegible, but could be a faint "M." The second one looks like an "E" to me. Then the next character could be an "X." After that, there could be "CO," but is there enough space between the "X" and the "CO" for a very faint "I?"

I'm not at all a gem stone expert, so I had to look up a couple of those terms:

And is it just my aging, wistful vision, or are there maybe some hematite beads up there just below the twisted effect?: