IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! D & E Double Bells found!

In Costume Jewelry > Christmas Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Christmas Jewelry4 of 30D & E CHRISTMAS WREATH...one to go!!Gold Brooks tree brooch

themusethemuse loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.
lentilka11lentilka11 loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.

Posted 3 months ago

Ms.Crystal…

Most of you already know the story... D & E made Christmas brooches for only one season, and made very few of them. There are four to be had. The Tree, the Double Bells, the Wreath, and the Holly Leaf. That's it. In all my years of collecting, I have seen two trees, which is supposed to be the rarest of all, two Bells, three, maybe four Wreaths, and I have never seen the Holly Leaf.
    I was being lazy one morning, just scrolling on a favorite auction website, and maybe an hour into looking I came across the Bells! No mention of D & E, or Juliana. Just a generic description of a Christmas brooch! The price was next to nothing for this rarity, and it was a "Buy it now", and I did!
    This piece had been listed for nearly two weeks and no one spotted it!!
    Isn't it wonderful to know your jewelry?! I don't feel guilty for getting this piece so cheap, as I will never resell...never.
    It's mine! Lol.
    ENJOY!

Comments

1. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 months ago
      Wow, Vynil, you are fast.
      Thank you so much for first love.
    2. Vynil33rpm Vynil33rpm, 3 months ago
      Ms.CrystalShip,,
      Thankyou for
      Tucks Postcard info
      I didn’t know about
      Lost art during WW2 bombing
      Of Card factory
      P.S. those Tucks were art
    3. Newfld Newfld, 3 months ago
      Christmas beauties, this pair is just gorgeous Eileen! I love the wonderful rhinestone placement and design of both pieces, they are amazing and exceptional. Fabulous find, congratulations :)
    4. lentilka11, 3 months ago
      congrats on this find!
    5. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 3 months ago
      The tree in particular gets me going, how precious these beauties are !~
    6. Broochman Broochman, 3 months ago
      Knowledge, is the key here. Congratulations on a great find!!
    7. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 months ago
      Thanks Jenni, this was quite a surprise! I never thought I would come across one for $$. They are exceptional, as they are so rare. Simple designs for D & E, where Wow is their factor. I believe they went another direction on their Christmas pieces.

Much thanks lentilka, D & E figurals are so hard to come by..... These in particluar :)

Yes Phil, the tree is my favorite of the four. That's two outa four. maybe someday....

Broochman, yes, one great thing about collecting jewelry that was never signed, if you know what you're looking for, these things can happen. Though, with not being signed,everyone and their brother thinks what they have is "Juliana". So many"mislabeled" pieces, including the Christmas Tree, on the internet. If it's big and shiny, it must be D & E. Not even!!
    8. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 3 months ago
      Wow, I know you were thrilled!! Yes,it does pay to know your pieces :) Now to find the other two :)
    9. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 months ago
      Yes, MrsT...
      It does pay to know your jewelry! Now to find the other two?, well that would be a miracle, but " tis the season"! Thank you so much for your encouraging words dear! :)
    10. valentino97 valentino97, 3 months ago
      It belongs to you! But, now you have to find the other 2....and you will. Love these both :)
    11. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 months ago
      Ha! Thanks Mary...
      I would love the other two! I have seen the wreath more than any other piece, but the price.$$$.
      Then again the Bells were on a site a while back for 8 bills and it was damaged! I was fortunate to find my bells for under $50. How about that!!!
      Just keep looking, just keep looking.....
    12. officialfuel officialfuel, 3 months ago
      Merry Christmas! :-)
    13. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 months ago
      Officialfuel,
      Hi & thank you!
      Merry Christmas to you!
      I must be on Santa's "nice" list to have found this piece!
    14. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 3 months ago
      And thank you for all the loves, dears!