3 shot cups

In Silver > Silver Cups and Goblets > Show & Tell.
Silver Cups and Goblets13 of 92anybody knows where this silver goblet might come ferom and how old it might be?Russian podstakannik (tea glass holder)

RadegunderRadegunder loves this.
kwqdkwqd loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
auraaura loves this.
Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
dlpetersendlpetersen loves this.
yougottahavestuffyougottahavestuff loves this.

Mrstyndall

I went by the thrift store today. I found these three shot cups that have a Russian mark on bottom. They were $1 each. From the brief search I did online, it looks like they are sterling and from the 1800’s. Any additional info appreciated. Thanks for looking

logo
    Silver Cups and Goblets
    Vintage H.Samuel 1935 Solid Sterling Silver Cup George V Silver Jubilee - 52.06g
    Vintage H.Samuel 1935 Solid Sterlin...
    $28
    Vintage Aurum Solid Silver - London Commemorative Goblet - Boxed Ltd Edition!
    Vintage Aurum Solid Silver - London...
    $285
    Antique Chinese Export Silver Tuck Chang Cup Dragon Decoration
    Antique Chinese Export Silver Tuck ...
    $72
    Antique Jewish Judaica Finely Detailed Cabochon Stones Silver Kiddush Cup, NR
    Antique Jewish Judaica Finely Detai...
    $20
    logo
    Vintage H.Samuel 1935 Solid Sterlin...
    $28

Comments

1. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 years ago
      And the last words were "down the hatch!"
    2. Newfld Newfld, 2 years ago
      Such beautiful engravings
    3. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 2 years ago
      Phil, haha, thanks for stopping by :)
    4. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 2 years ago
      They look like the ones that used to come on a flask. They pushed down over the cap.
    5. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 2 years ago
      Jenni, yes, thank you :)
    6. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 2 years ago
      Broochman, I think so too! Thanks
    7. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 2 years ago
      Help!! Is anyone else having trouble clicking on pics on the main page. When I do, it says that a fatal error has occurred??
    8. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 2 years ago
      Mrstyndall I sometimes get that message if I try opening an image without closing the first one I opened. Other times I don't get the message but nothing happens until I close that image I have open. Seems that one open image at a time is the rule.
    9. Ben Ben, 2 years ago
      Hi folks:
      Yes, something is messed up when you try to click to a Show & Tell item when you are in "All Activity." It works fine when you are in "Latest Posts" or anything else. We are working on it!
      Best, Ben
    10. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 2 years ago
      Ok, thanks so much. I am glad that it is not just me :)
    11. IVAN49 IVAN49, 2 years ago
      It is either Moscow or Kiev because the assayer LO (in Cyrillic) is Lev Fridrikovich Oleks who worked in both towns, not at the same time, though.His initials are within so called first Kokoshnik mark used 1896 - 1908.
      The maker IEZ (in Cyrillic) is unknown but this form of his mark is listed in Kiev in Postnikova Loseva book of Russian marks (number 617).
    12. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 2 years ago
      Ivan, thank you so much!
    13. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 years ago
      Wow, I thought I was the only one having that problem. Had to go backwards to my profile, or anyelse's to get to a post!
      PANIC ATTACK!
      Don't take my CW away! Ha!
      Anyway, glad it was fixed! :)
    14. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 years ago
      Oh, MrsT's post...
      When I first saw this post I thought they were thimbles, with the beautiful engravings.
      Being little shot glasses are so much better. These are really great!
    15. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 2 years ago
      Eileen, they do resemble thimbles :). Glad you like!