Which one is Older?

In Fine Art > Sculpture > Show & Tell.
Sculpture51 of 784Abbott Pattison Man and Woman Bronze Sculpture on Wood BaseWho is this modernist looking bronze statue attached to a stone by and when?

neat.old.stuffneat.old.stuff loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
AnikAnik loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.
dlpetersendlpetersen loves this.

Posted 7 months ago

Rattletrap

We know which one is wiser but the question is which one is older? We got these hand carved statues from an antique dealer about 5-6 years ago who claimed that they had purchased them over 20 years before offering them to us. I'm older than dirt and even tho the statues are carved from a huge log I figure I outdate the actual carvings? Who knows? Who cares?
    Very nice carvings and a lot of work to make them.

logo
    Sculpture
    Pair Antique Egyptian Revival Cast Iron Architectural Brackets Winged Sphinx
    Pair Antique Egyptian Revival Cast ...
    $126
    LG Antique FRENCH ART NOUVEAU Bronzed WINGED LADY GODDESS STATUE Old SCULPTURE
    LG Antique FRENCH ART NOUVEAU Bronz...
    $375
    Vintage Mid Century Modern Bronze Bust Handsome Young Man Sculpture G Rebechini
    Vintage Mid Century Modern Bronze B...
    $995
    Pair Small 19thC Antique Egyptian Revival Bronze Sphinx Sculpture Urns
    Pair Small 19thC Antique Egyptian R...
    $105
    logo
    Pair Antique Egyptian Revival Cast Iron Architectural Brackets Winged Sphinx
    Pair Antique Egyptian Revival Cast ...
    $126

Comments

1. bobby725 bobby725, 7 months ago
      the taller one is older than the kid to his left! :-)
    2. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 7 months ago
      Years ago when cigar store Indians were in big demand, imitations started poring out of the Orient. Many were very authentic looking except the eyes. They had Oriental eyes. LOL ! When you look at them with that in mind, it is usually easy to tell.
    3. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 7 months ago
      Bobby725,
      Of course! Bigger must be older! Just like fish.
    4. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 7 months ago
      Blunderbuss2
      So you're saying that the short fat guy in the Tee shirt must be oriental?
    5. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 7 months ago
      Of course ! Just look at those eyes.
    6. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 7 months ago
      Blunderbuss2
      U just saved me $100! I no longer need to have my DNA tested!!! You're better than that fortune teller I found at the Circus. And cheaper!
    7. Brunswick Brunswick, 7 months ago
      I am with you on the work and patience it took to do these..obviously talented and the carver must enjoyed doing this, so it may not been work to him.
      Lucas, Allways keeping me smiling!! Your a riot my friend!
      Rattletrap, A Great Day To You!!

Thomas.
    8. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 7 months ago
      Brunswick
      Thx for the nice comment. Blunderbuss has something in his comment about the eyes. Interesting fact however is that Western Indian DNA indicates they likely migrated across the Bearing Straits whereas the Eastern Indiands have Haplo X dna which originates in the Middle East according to experts.
      So if the eyes look Oriental we can say they must have been mixed with the Western tribes at some point?
    9. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 7 months ago
      Rattle, you'll get my bill at the end of the month. This is something you develop, or just have an eye for (pun intended). Amer. In-juns don't really have oriental eyes. Like pure golds from diff. parts of the world have diff. colour tints that take a practiced eye because it is too subtle for the untrained eye. True.
    10. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 7 months ago
      Blunderbuss2,
      Way over my head of course. Re the Bill: I'm assuming u give S& H Green Stamps as well as ff miles on the Bill. The payment is in the mail along with the pedigree for the Indian.
    11. blunderbuss2 blunderbuss2, 7 months ago
      Send a DNA sample to Ancestry.com & get the Chief's profile.
    12. Rattletrap Rattletrap, 7 months ago
      Blunderbuss2
      Hmmmm? I'll need Spit and Whittle from him for that I'm sure. Can u get me the Sentior discount?