D & E EMERALD LUTE..now I'm ready for Christmas!

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Brooches > Show & Tell.
Costume Brooches41 of 2173Golden feather brooch Bakelite? Brooches

fortapachefortapache loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.
MALKEYMALKEY loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

Ms.Crystal…

Another musical figural from D & E!
    This lovely piece depicts a "Lute" in Emerald and Ice stones, the large pear shape as the focal point, beautiful "gold" setting, figure 8's, joint & catch pin mechanism! No doubt...D & E! Mint condition...I don't believe this was worn in over 50 years!
    Thought it would be fun to wear together with my Ruby Red "Lute" at Christmas time...
    ENJOY!

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 2 months ago
      Gorgeous !
    2. Newfld Newfld, 2 months ago
      Wow Eileen, what a spectacular pair! The emerald green is such a perfect complement to the ruby red, they are equally beautiful, and you will be the lady wearing the most splendid jewelry at Christmas :) Congrats on your gorgeous musical find
    3. valentino97 valentino97, 1 month ago
      Very nice!! Think of the moms, maiden aunts (lol, me), teachers....who were given a sweet gift, but maybe never worn because it wasn't their style?
    4. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 month ago
      Mary, there ya go!
      Exactly like the “Fish” brooch my Brother & I bought my Mom. Ha! Wore it the day we gifted it then into the jewelry box it went.
      Just because we were a Commercial Fishing family, Mom needed a Fish to wear?! Kids!
    5. truthordare truthordare, 1 month ago
      Gorgeous Mrs. C, not my style either, but for Xmas why not? A new tradition.
    6. valentino97 valentino97, 1 month ago
      We have different tastes for sure! And, great that these unworn treasures go to the right person!
    7. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 month ago
      As most of you know, I’m a D & E gal. Their figurals are becoming harder and harder to come by, and when you do find one $$$. This little emerald beauty was at an amazing price, I count my lucky stars that day. I’m always on the lookout for their sea life, along with their swan and soaring bird ( in clear crystals 1950’s)
      Just keep looking....
    8. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 15 days ago
      Oh now I know what D&E stands for :).
      I saw this modell of brooch when I searched in this database:
      http://www.isitjulianajewelry.com. Very nice.
    9. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 14 days ago
      Hi Elisabethan,
      Yes, "DeLizza & Elster" made musical figurals among others, I, so far, have nine of them...
      Still looking for the electric guitar. Very HTF!
      And I'm sorry, I should not assume everyone knows what D & E means, but now you do!
      Thank you for setting me straight!