East Jordan Iron Works Storm Drain Cover

In Tools and Hardware > Architectural Antiques > Show & Tell.
Architectural Antiques18 of 71Antique Large Cast Iron Architectural Stars With RodsPG&W Manhole Cover

NewfldNewfld loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
kwqdkwqd loves this.
AnythingObscureAnythingObscure loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
keramikoskeramikos loves this.
yougottahavestuffyougottahavestuff loves this.
MALKEYMALKEY loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

Ted_Straub

Seen on Market St. near Wyoming Avenue, Kingston, PA, this manhole cover was manufactured by the East Jordan iron Works.

Comments

1. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 months ago
      Hi, Malkey...thank you for the love of this image!!!!
    2. yougottahavestuff yougottahavestuff, 2 months ago
      Nice manhole cover!!!! Not PC now!!! Berkley California passed a Law!!!
      It's now called a "Maintenance Cover" and in the office you can't say Pregnant Women!!! It's Pregnant Employee!!! It's True!!! Soon it will be Snow White and the 7 Vertically
      Challenged!!!
      Stuff
    3. keramikos keramikos, 2 months ago
      Ted_Straub, Cool. :-)

Apparently, East Jordan Iron Works is still alive and well:

*snip*

The EJ legacy dates back to 1883 when our first manufacturing facility was built in East Jordan, Michigan, USA. Decades later, we are now a global enterprise that spans six continents – promoting innovation, quality, and a commitment to customer service.

*snip*

4. keramikos keramikos, 2 months ago
      yougottahavestuff, Sorry, but I think the English language needs more gender neutrality.

To me, there's way too much gratuitous he/him/his/man usage. If one is talking about males, then it's appropriate; however, when one is talking about an entire species, it isn't (unless it's an all-male species).

As to Snow White & Company: just so people understand that the correct plural of dwarf is dwarfs. };-)

P.S. Dwarf is a medical term.
    5. yougottahavestuff yougottahavestuff, 2 months ago
      I guess I'll take my beating like a man!! I'm just an Old F__t. I was just trying a little Humor on a HOT Day here. Have to go out and work in the yard but I have the Spanish Guy helping me. Manual Labor!!! I'll still open and hold doors for women can't help myself.
      Stuff
    6. keramikos keramikos, 2 months ago
      yougottahavestuff, I wasn't trying to beat you up, but I hope you can understand that as a female of the species, I see that issue a bit differently.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with opening doors for people; I do it myself on occasion.
    7. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 months ago
      Good morning, stuff...thnk you for the love of this image and for your timely comments!
    8. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 months ago
      Hi, keramikos...thank you both or your love of this item and for the addition of the thoughtful and informative snip and link concerning the East Jordan Ironworks!
    9. Ted_Straub Ted_Straub, 2 months ago
      Hi, everyone! Thank you for your loves of this image!!!!!!