Vintage Small Wheelbarrow

In Tools and Hardware > Farm Tools > Show & Tell.
Farm Tools4 of 28Beekeepers foundation fastener? Can anyone identify this tool?

ElisabethanElisabethan loves this.
Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.
fhrjr2fhrjr2 loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
blunderbuss2blunderbuss2 loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.

Posted 1 month ago

vintagelamp

Vintage Small Wheelbarrow

Found this at a local antique's fair today. It looks great with plants in it!

Comments

1. racer4four racer4four, 1 month ago
      I love barrows and this is charming. Great colour, pinstriped, perfect for flowers.
    2. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 1 month ago
      I don't believe that is a child's wheelbarrow from the span of the handles. Sears sold these back in the 30's and 40's. I pushed a good many loads of dirt in one of these. The sideboards come off so you can dump it left or right or take both off and load a wide item on it. They were low built and easy to load and tip to dump.
    3. scottvez scottvez, 1 month ago
      Agree with fhjr2 on the age-- the modern paint and pin stripe give it the appearance of an earlier piece.

scott
    4. vintagelamp vintagelamp, 1 month ago
      fhrjr2,
      Thank you! Very well could be. I tried pushing it but it was very hard to bend over that far.

scottvez,
      Will have to look into this further. Thanks for the comment. I love it either way.

5. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 1 month ago
      Vintagelamp as I said above, they were very low built and I will add they were a royal pain to push on dirt or sand. The tire was solid and narrow and would sink into the ground from the weight. The way this one is painted I would say someone modified it for a yard decoration. The one we had was originally painted red.
    6. vintagelamp vintagelamp, 1 month ago
      fhrjr2,
      Thanks for the information. I initially told the antique dealer that I believed it was from the 20s 0r 30s. He insisted that it was earlier, pointing out the way that it was built. Anyway, it doesn't really matter. I edited the title etc. Appreciated!
    7. fhrjr2 fhrjr2, 1 month ago
      vintagelamp believe it or not, at my age I would rather have one of these than the newer ones. These were easy to side dump rather than lifting and flipping it nose first.
    8. vintagelamp vintagelamp, 1 month ago
      fhrjr2,
      Just glad I'm not using it for work purposes :)
    9. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 month ago
      This is so nice, I understand why you like and enjoy it. I would too.
    10. vintagelamp vintagelamp, 1 month ago
      Elisabethan,
      Many, many thanks for your kind comments!