Old stone from ring

In Gemstones > Show & Tell.
Gemstones25 of 286Turquoise from 1950sOld stone from ring

Kjane79Kjane79 loves this.
BrunswickBrunswick loves this.
auraaura loves this.
mj19696mj19696 loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

Steptoe1

Hello I have this old stone from a ring and I am wondering if anyone can help me with more information about it please

Comments

1. mj19696 mj19696, 2 months ago
      Looks like topaz.
    2. mj19696 mj19696, 2 months ago
      Looks like topaz. Nice quality if it is . Beautiful cut, very pretty.
    3. Steptoe1 Steptoe1, 2 months ago
      Thanks mj, I will try and Get a better picture as the background is a bit blue , I will check the tests for topaz to see if it is
    4. Steptoe1 Steptoe1, 1 month ago
      Hi mj I looked at topaz and this one seems a different kind of blue, but i think I have a few stones that look like topaz and I may have posted them before, thanks for the help
    5. Kjane79 Kjane79, 1 month ago
      I think I'd have to agree with mj19696. Topaz comes in many different shades of blue and this looks almost identical to a stone in one of my rings. (Topaz) The only other gemstone similar in color would maybe be a blue diamond, but the cut isn't right and there isn't near enough sparkle. You're probably better off with a topaz anyway, because a blue diamond that size would more than likely be lab. Not that there's anything wrong with lab stones. They can be gorgeous. I just feel like it's cheating in a way. Regardless, it really is a beautiful stone. Thanks for sharing!
    6. Steptoe1 Steptoe1, 1 month ago
      Thanks kJ great help and I didn’t see any that colour so glad you cleared that up,
    7. renedijkstra, 1 month ago
      nice its topaz but i dont trust it , it look likes its got an irradation treatment
    8. Steptoe1 Steptoe1, 1 month ago
      Thanks Rene I will look up what you said to try to learn about them