Fenton Glass cat

In Animals > Cats > Show & Tell and Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Cats7 of 477Scaredy Black Cat Halloween Paper Diecuts, Made in U.S.A., ca 1920s-1940sBuddha Kittie

Collectables59Collectables59 loves this.
bobby725bobby725 loves this.
TimeTravellerTimeTraveller loves this.
jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
AdeleCAdeleC loves this.

Posted 1 month ago

Newfld

Here is a 3 3-4"H sitting cat in ruby red glass, which was item #5165 from the 1980s-1990s by Fenton Glass

Comments

1. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 month ago
      Fenton made such nice quality pieces!
    2. jscott0363 jscott0363, 1 month ago
      Very cute kitty!!
    3. Broochman Broochman, 1 month ago
      He/She is so adorable!! Love the color. Very, very nice! :)
    4. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 month ago
      I love Fenton.
      This kitten is is sweet, look closely at her details. Tail curled around body, head cocked to the side, (listening), ears rounded, ( Mocha is right next to me as I write and her ears look the same) Fenton must made their animals from real models, Yes?
      Oh, and the color beautiful and bright!
    5. LaurenRedmond LaurenRedmond, 1 month ago
      Awwh- she's' such a sweet little creature (I think she's my favourite of your uploads this week) I love her pose and her colour- she's so sleek and feminine and judging by her pose looks to be very attentive and focused completely on her surroundings- like she's just heard the nearby scuttling's of a mouse?!
    6. Roycroftbooksfromme1, 1 month ago
      so cute ..'-))
    7. Brunswick Brunswick, 1 month ago
      Meow!!!

Thomas.
    8. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Very grateful for the love everyone
      Adele
      Roycroft
      BB2
      Thomas
      Malkey
      Kevin
      Lisa

That's so true MrsT, not only were Fenton pieces good quality but they made an abundance of animal designs so I am continually finding different species by them for my collection :) Thank you for the lovely comment & great observ

Thanks Scott for the wonderful compliment I am thrilled you liked this red kitty and sure she is too!

Ken thanks so much for the marvelous compliments I too love this in the clear red, the sitting cat came in many varieties including the fancy painted opals, but in transparent glass you really get to see the features & expression which to me is more realistic

Yes Eileen I don't doubt that Fenton designs were modeled by the real animals, although you can find some cartoony & humorous, most stick to a reality concept. Your compliments are always so wonderful, thank you so very much my friend

Lauren I'm so happy this was your fave of my posts this wk, I was really happy at how the pix turned out, had good lighting (near a sunny window) and liked that I was able to capture the facial features which is often hard with a one color piece. She may just be perked up at the sound or smell of a mouse lol! Great compliments & picture for me as always, thank you!

Many thanks for the very nice compliment & link Roycroft I really appreciate it!

Thanks Thomas I'm meowy glad you enjoyed this kitty & love the smile too :)
    9. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Thank you junkbuddy for the love, it is very much appreciated & glad you liked this cat
    10. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Very pleased you liked this red cat Sean, many thanks for the kind love and support
    11. racer4four racer4four, 1 month ago
      This proves my adage that Fenton are the swiss knife of glass makers, there is nothing they cannot do well.
    12. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Thank you Karen, it's true Fenton always put out a quality product I really love their animals. Always wonderful when you stop by, I totally appreciate the kind words and love :)
    13. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      Many thanks for the love junkbuddy very pleased you liked this red cat
    14. Newfld Newfld, 23 days ago
      Super thanks for the kind love jb, really glad you liked this cat
    15. Newfld Newfld, 20 days ago
      Very grateful Neil for the kind love & support, glad you liked this red cat