1949 Trifari hour glass

In Costume Jewelry > Trifari Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Trifari Jewelry57 of 299Trifari Philippe Promenade set Pearl brooches

NewfldNewfld loves this.
MALKEYMALKEY loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
plein-air-painterplein-air-painter loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Mrstyndall

This little lucite beauty arrived the other day. It was missing a pearl, but found a close replacement. Also, the pin stem is missing, but maybe I can get it fixed. Patent was filed in 1949. Marked crown Trifari and Pat. Pend. Hope you enjoy looking

logo
    Trifari Jewelry
    Rare VTG Crown Trifari Alfred Philippe Horse Stallion Unichorn Brooch Pin MAB NR
    Rare VTG Crown Trifari Alfred Phili...
    $56
    ALFRED PHILIPPE~CROWN TRIFARI~V.RARE~1941~GOLD PLATED~Jewel Encrusted AXE Brooch
    ALFRED PHILIPPE~CROWN TRIFARI~V.RAR...
    $948
    VINTAGE TRIFARI GOLD PLATE SMOKE GRAY RHINESTONE BUTTERFLY PIN
    VINTAGE TRIFARI GOLD PLATE SMOKE GR...
    $21
    1940s CROWN TRIFARI Alfred Phillippe ENAMEL + MARCASITE FLORAL Fur CLIP PIN
    1940s CROWN TRIFARI Alfred Phillipp...
    $70
    logo
    Rare VTG Crown Trifari Alfred Phili...
    $56

Comments

1. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 1 year ago
      Oh that is such a beautiful and rare Trifari design. Just love the detail, the mix of pearls and red and clear rhinestones. I'm sure you can get it fixed. If you contact mrstones.com they can give you the right color pearl and probably fix the pin, too. I would think it would be well worth it to have it repaired. Fabulous piece.
    2. Newfld Newfld, 1 year ago
      Gorgeous vintage hourglass design brooch MrsT, it's so original and beautifully shaped. With the pat pend I think that could be an Alfred Philippe design. Great score!
    3. Brunswick Brunswick, 1 year ago
      "Like Sand Through A Hourglass..So Our The Days Of Our Lives"

Thomas.
    4. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 year ago
      Ha! Thomas... made me laugh
      ( I used to watch that soap!)
      Now, seriously this is a piece of Trifari History! If you said, “you found it at the thrift”, I would of flipped! LOL
      Stunning, rare piece well worth repairing!
    5. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 year ago
      Plein-air-painter, appreciate the comment. Thanks so much for the info:)
    6. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 year ago
      Wow, Ken, I knew you would like this piece, but not that much :). Your great comment is much appreciated!
    7. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 year ago
      Jenni, yes, was a Phillipe design. Glad you like!
    8. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 year ago
      Thomas, that’s how I should have started my description. HaHa, thanks for stopping by :)
    9. Brunswick Brunswick, 1 year ago
      I actually have a soap star coming soon on record! Lol! You Are Most Welcome!!

Thomas.
    10. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 year ago
      Eileen, not found at thrift but online buy it now for cheap price. Thank you for the kind words :)
    11. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 year ago
      Hey, Thomas, speaking about the Days soap opera, did you see this, which I saw yesterday.?
      The future of NBC's daytime soap DaysOfOurLives is in doubt after the entire cast was released from their contracts
    12. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 year ago
      MrsT. Revisiting your amazing find. To find a piece like this, at a “Buy it Now” , and for “cheap”. is uncanny! Someone let this piece just slip by, and you, with your keen eye, knew what you were looking at, and gave it a new home. Once again, Congrats!
    13. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 year ago
      Eileen, thanks for the revisit. I was glad to be able to give this a new home :)
    14. LaurenRedmond LaurenRedmond, 1 year ago
      I LOVE this!!! It's shockingly cool- I'll admit I have a slight obsession with hour glasses (I used to associate them with the grim reaper when I was a child!) and it's very rare you see them about let alone a design like this for jewellery.
    15. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 year ago
      Lauren, thank you so much, glad you really like this hour glass!
    16. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Very nice and special brooch!
    17. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 year ago
      This seems to be the perfect post for the New Year!
      Here’s to you and yours, peace & love for 2020!
    18. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 year ago
      Elisabethan, thanks so much!
    19. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 year ago
      Eileen, Happy 2020 to you also. Thanks for the well wishes.