Great big chunky necklace

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Necklaces > Show & Tell.
Costume Necklaces62 of 986What is the name of this type of chain? Real stones? Necklaces

shareurpassionshareurpassion loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
plein-air-painterplein-air-painter loves this.
auraaura loves this.
TreyTrey loves this.
raven3766raven3766 loves this.
AnythingObscureAnythingObscure loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.
Hel1Hel1 loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
Ms.CrystalShipMs.CrystalShip loves this.

Posted 1 year ago

Elisabethan

I just have to share this big beauty of a necklace, for those of us who love plastic.
    I think it is vintage but restrung, the clasp is new. Somone has done some hot needle testa or something on it and left marks on the side of the beads unfortunately. But it doesn't show when you wear it.

I am not sure what it is made of but it has the look of bakelite swirls.
    The necklace is in total 67 cm from catch to catch. The largest bead is 2,5 x 3 cm. A bit heavy. Graduated beads.

I have thought about selling it a few times but always change my mind. I can't let go just yet. It would look great on someone taller than me. But I need to spend some time with it.

What do you think of it, color, shape?

logo
    Costume Necklaces
    VINTAGE SOLID BRASS FIGARO 7mm. WIDE 22" CHAIN NECKLACE  L465
    VINTAGE SOLID BRASS FIGARO 7mm. WID...
    $4
    1 VINTAGE PEARL BEADED BRASS FIGARO CHAIN 18" DECO NECKLACE L907
    1 VINTAGE PEARL BEADED BRASS FIGARO...
    $1
    CHANEL Silver Plated CC Logos Charm Chain Necklace Pendant #6834a Rise-on
    CHANEL Silver Plated CC Logos Charm...
    $71
    VINTAGE RETRO 1980's DESIGNER GIVENCHY BEADED ADJUSTABLE NECKLACE T207
    VINTAGE RETRO 1980's DESIGNER G...
    $15
    logo
    VINTAGE SOLID BRASS FIGARO 7mm. WIDE 22" CHAIN NECKLACE  L465
    VINTAGE SOLID BRASS FIGARO 7mm. WID...
    $4

Comments

1. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 1 year ago
      This is beautiful!
      Has the look of golden caramel, good enough to eat! Ha!
      I don’t think I would part with it either..
      This is definitely a “statement” necklace.
      Mary, our “plastic fantastic expert” will have the answers.
    2. Newfld Newfld, 1 year ago
      Gorgeous necklace Elisabeth, lovely honey color beads. Nice find
    3. Gillian, 1 year ago
      The way it's strung, the clasp, chunk, striations all say Bakelite to me. (Although I'm not a Bakelite specialist). I would keep it for sure. It's just gorgeous.
    4. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Newfld thank you, honeycolor is a good way ofcdescribing it. :)
    5. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Thank you Gillian. Ok should I keep it? Maybe that is why I haven't been able to part from it. I think the color is nice, they look edible :)
    6. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Ms.ChrystalShip thank you very much for that nice answer. Golden caramel honey statement necklace :)
    7. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 1 year ago
      I'd certainly tend to "keep it", even though as an old gray/balding dude it'd prolly look kinda funny on me if I really wore it...thus the "statement" might easily get taken way the wrong way from other random folks here? <giggle><smile>
    8. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Thank you Anything Obscure. To wear what you want is the right way. :)
    9. AnythingObscure AnythingObscure, 1 year ago
      :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
    10. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
      Great comments from everyone and I agree Keep It!
      SO Gorgeous!! and looks like bakelite to me. I agree think it has been restrung - I recognize that sterling closure as fairly new. To get the beads to drape better you could put a size 11 or 13 seed bead (I'd use topaz or honey color) between each bead. I don't think anyone wore this lovely necklace, the inside of beads don't show any scratches or dust. I know what you mean about overpowering beads, but I would hang on to this lovely necklace.
    11. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Thanks Val. There are scratches and a few burnmarks I'm afraid inbetween the beads on the side of the beads. The photos are not good enough, sorry. Great ideas about adding seed beads. I will :) Since it is my largest and most spectacular bakelite necklace or bakelite like necklace I will hang on to it then. Thank you!
    12. valentino97 valentino97, 1 year ago
      Remember we talked about "big statement WOW necklaces" awhile back. This could start your collection. Love you my friend - Mary
    13. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Yes I remember Mary, thank you. Love you to.
    14. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Thank you!
    15. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 1 year ago
      Thank you everyone for loving my post!