Share your favorites on Show & Tell

what might this be called

In Glassware > Milk Glass > Show & Tell.
kwqd's loves3691 of 7050c1927 RARE COCA COLA CARDBOARD SIGN WITH METAL BAND MCA SIGN CO MASSILLON OHIOOriginal Milk Glass Standard Oil Crown Gas Globe
Love it
Like it

vetraio50vetraio50 loves this.
auraaura loves this.
kwqdkwqd loves this.
Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.
TimeTravellerTimeTraveller loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
bobby725bobby725 loves this.
See 5 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 9 months ago

    (51 items)

    given all the holes in it i'm hesitant to think it's a cake's also curved.....any information greatly appreciate!!!

    Mystery Solved
    Milk Glass
    See all
    McKee Chalaine Blue Milk Glass Sunkist Orange Juicer Reamer ~ Excellent ~
    McKee Chalaine Blue Milk Glass Sunk...
    Tipp City USA Scottie Dogs Milk Glass Range Shaker Set in Black Lattice Caddy
    Tipp City USA Scottie Dogs Milk Gla...
    Vintage White Milk Glass Green Crest Ribbon Cake Plate Stand Pedestal
    Vintage White Milk Glass Green Cres...
    Pyrex Butterprint Amish Turquoise Butter Dish Complete 28 Oven Ware Milk Glass
    Pyrex Butterprint Amish Turquoise B...
    McKee Chalaine Blue Milk Glass Sunkist Orange Juicer Reamer ~ Excellent ~
    McKee Chalaine Blue Milk Glass Sunk...
    See all


    1. bobby725 bobby725, 9 months ago
      I would call it a milk glass fruit bowl on a pedestal.
    2. GlassFanCarl, 9 months ago
      This is Fostoria milk glass called Monroe, made between 1954 and 1965.
    3. kwqd kwqd, 9 months ago
      A compote or footed bowl.
    4. tharless62 tharless62, 9 months ago
      OK!! Thanks gals!!! 1 more question: is this made to be used either way/ upside down? The smaller base is more like a bowl and the other end was a bit confusing as the edges have large openings, so i would think food would spill thru?
    5. tharless62 tharless62, 9 months ago
      i've scrolled thru many of these images..i see many that are the same , but not. Some are only curved partially, mine is curved all the way around....i am LEARNING!!! And much gratitude for all all of your replies, likes and information!!!
    6. tharless62 tharless62, 9 months ago
      ohhh thanks gals AND GUYS!!!!
    7. TimeTraveller TimeTraveller, 9 months ago
      You're welcome. Even the cake stand has holes in the Monroe pattern. I have the cake stand in my collection if you are interested in seeing one. Thanks for sharing your compote. Love it!!
    8. TallCakes TallCakes, 9 months ago
      this open work or lace edge milk glass was popular with several of glass companies in the 1950s60s. Each maker may have had their own name for the various forms; you would need to find catalogs or ads to really know. Typically this form was often called a pedestal fruit bowl, fruit stand or compote. The forms with the bent up sides only were most often called banana stands; tho' one 1955 Fostoria catalog called their form a banana bowl. Try researching milk glass ads and catalogs...

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.