Share your favorites on Show & Tell

what might this be called

In Glassware > Milk Glass > Show & Tell.
tharless62's items19 of 40early 20th century???hand decorated ornate jar vase
Love it
Like it

BroochmanBroochman loves this.
vetraio50vetraio50 loves this.
auraaura loves this.
kwqdkwqd loves this.
Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.
TimeTravellerTimeTraveller loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
bobby725bobby725 loves this.
See 6 more
Add to collection

    Please create an account, or Log in here

    If you don't have an account, create one here.

    Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

    Posted 1 month ago

    (40 items)

    given all the holes in it i'm hesitant to think it's a cake's also curved.....any information greatly appreciate!!!

    Mystery Solved
    Milk Glass
    See all
    Antique English Georgian Opaque Twist Stemmed Wine Glass - Lovely!
    Antique English Georgian Opaque Twi...
    GRAV Labs Sip Series Milk Carton Bubbler w/ 14mm Cup Bowl  New, Limited Edition
    GRAV Labs Sip Series Milk Carton Bu...
    Vtg Set (4) McDonald's Fireking Mugs Milk Glass Anchor Hocking Good Morning
    Vtg Set (4) McDonald's Fireking...
    Vintage Fenton Milk Glass Pink Rose Crest Ruffled Edge Bowl
    Vintage Fenton Milk Glass Pink Rose...
    Antique English Georgian Opaque Twist Stemmed Wine Glass - Lovely!
    Antique English Georgian Opaque Twi...
    See all


    1. bobby725 bobby725, 1 month ago
      I would call it a milk glass fruit bowl on a pedestal.
    2. GlassFanCarl, 1 month ago
      This is Fostoria milk glass called Monroe, made between 1954 and 1965.
    3. kwqd kwqd, 1 month ago
      A compote or footed bowl.
    4. Broochman Broochman, 1 month ago
      I agree with Bobby!! It's lovely! :)
    5. tharless62 tharless62, 1 month ago
      OK!! Thanks gals!!! 1 more question: is this made to be used either way/ upside down? The smaller base is more like a bowl and the other end was a bit confusing as the edges have large openings, so i would think food would spill thru?
    6. tharless62 tharless62, 1 month ago
      i've scrolled thru many of these images..i see many that are the same , but not. Some are only curved partially, mine is curved all the way around....i am LEARNING!!! And much gratitude for all all of your replies, likes and information!!!
    7. tharless62 tharless62, 1 month ago
      ohhh thanks gals AND GUYS!!!!
    8. TimeTraveller TimeTraveller, 1 month ago
      You're welcome. Even the cake stand has holes in the Monroe pattern. I have the cake stand in my collection if you are interested in seeing one. Thanks for sharing your compote. Love it!!
    9. TallCakes TallCakes, 1 month ago
      this open work or lace edge milk glass was popular with several of glass companies in the 1950s60s. Each maker may have had their own name for the various forms; you would need to find catalogs or ads to really know. Typically this form was often called a pedestal fruit bowl, fruit stand or compote. The forms with the bent up sides only were most often called banana stands; tho' one 1955 Fostoria catalog called their form a banana bowl. Try researching milk glass ads and catalogs...

    Want to post a comment?

    Create an account or login in order to post a comment.