Italian art glass ashtray, 1950s

In Art Glass > Murano and Italian Art Glass > Show & Tell.
Murano and Italian Art Glass3 of 1421Murano glass sculpture/figurineMurano Glassware glass sculpture

valentino97valentino97 loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
AdeleCAdeleC loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.

Posted 10 days ago

kwqd

This bowl is 11" in diameter and 2" high. The bottom is ground flat and polished. There is enough wear to the bottom to suggest some age. The color is a deep cranberry, but looks washed out due to the lighting needed to get the images. It weighs 3 pounds and 6 ounces. My second thrift shop find of the day. It was as filthy and filmed up as the Murano sculpture that I posted earlier today. I let it soak for an hour before I tried to wash it. It is a pretty odd piece with alternate edges bent up. Probably an American studio piece, though it is not signed.

Mystery Solved
    logo
    Murano and Italian Art Glass
    Vintage Mid-Century Modern Seguso Murano Hand Blown Glass Large Pendant Light
    Vintage Mid-Century Modern Seguso M...
    $560
    Vintage Fratelli Toso Millefiori Lamp Murano Italian Art Glass Mushroom
    Vintage Fratelli Toso Millefiori La...
    $550
    Vintage 29 Piece Assorted Murano Italy Blown Art Glass Wrapped Candy Sweets SJS
    Vintage 29 Piece Assorted Murano It...
    $38
    Vtg Murano Italy Art Glass Colorful Tutti Frutti Silver Flecks Ashtray Dish
    Vtg Murano Italy Art Glass Colorful...
    $53
    logo
    Vintage Mid-Century Modern Seguso Murano Hand Blown Glass Large Pendant Light
    Vintage Mid-Century Modern Seguso M...
    $560

Comments

1. kwqd kwqd, 10 days ago
      Thank you fortapache!
    2. Newfld Newfld, 10 days ago
      Beautiful starburst design
    3. kwqd kwqd, 10 days ago
      @Newfld - Thanks Jenni! Never seen one like this before.

Thanks for loving my weird 16 pointed bowl Kevin and Jenni!
    4. kwqd kwqd, 10 days ago
      Thanks for loving my mystery bowl Manikin, bracken3, Broochman, Thomas, aura, Karen and AdeleC!
    5. kwqd kwqd, 8 days ago
      Thank you freiheit!
    6. kwqd kwqd, 8 days ago
      Thank you PhilDMorris!
    7. truthordare truthordare, 8 days ago
      I'm doing a project about postwar art glass ashtrays in USA after 1950, and this certainly fits the bill. Would have had a place of importance at the cocktail party with neighbors, friends, family, and coworkers. An era long gone. Would love to use the image, if ok with you. :-)
    8. kwqd kwqd, 8 days ago
      @truthordare - No problem! I can try to get better images, if you like. The color is a lot deeper cranberry. I will have to wait for a sunny day, though. My phone camera likes natural light... I would love to see the results of your project!

Thanks for loving my large maybe ashtray bobby725 and truthordare!
    9. kwqd kwqd, 8 days ago
      I have a really nice free form 1930s-1980s Blenko smoke colored ashtray on the way.... It weighs four pounds..... It has the original foil label, though the ink is about worn off of it. Still recognizable as a Blenko label.
    10. kwqd kwqd, 8 days ago
      I also did a post for a really interesting Sanyu kiriko ashtray recently, which probably also dates to the 1950s-1960s and no doubt graced an American coffee table... Feel free to use any of my images...
    11. truthordare truthordare, 7 days ago
      thank you Kwqd.

I will use the image here, and will also share the finished result of the project.

As far as producer, I found a similar one in the Leslie Pina book for the glass during the 1950s as Italian.
    12. kwqd kwqd, 7 days ago
      Thanks for the information, truthordare!
    13. kwqd kwqd, 6 days ago
      Testing new images....
    14. kwqd kwqd, 6 days ago
      Thanks for loving my Italian ex-ashtray, now bowl Kate77 and Weandocin54!loves this.
    15. truthordare truthordare, 6 days ago
      Great new pictures Kevin, just came across this item in my daily browsing, called Murano, no size info. Nice colors, hey?

16. kwqd kwqd, 6 days ago
      Wow, that is gorgeous! Thanks for the link.
    17. kwqd kwqd, 5 days ago