Vintage D and E brooch

In Costume Jewelry > DeLizza & Elster > Show & Tell.
DeLizza & Elster7 of 40D & E AMBER BROOCH...set in gunmetal with dogtooth prongs!Caviness by D & E brooch

ElisabethanElisabethan loves this.
AdeleCAdeleC loves this.
BenBen loves this.
MALKEYMALKEY loves this.
Ms.CrystalShipMs.CrystalShip loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

Broochman

I picked this brooch from a vendor selling off her D and E collection. With pink and purple marquise, rounds and royal blue stones. In a polished golden finish with eyelets. It has a few chips and scratches, but only cost a ten. It measures 2" and is from the 1960s. Thanks for looking.

3/31/20

logo
    DeLizza & Elster
    Vintage D & E Bracelet With Watermelon Purple Red Aurora Borealis Crystals
    Vintage D & E Bracelet With Waterme...
    $145
    Vintage DeLizza & Elster CELEBRITY NY Moroccan Matrix Glass NECKLACE/EARRINGS
    Vintage DeLizza & Elster CELEBRITY ...
    $37
    Vintage Julina D&E Milk Glass and Smokey Grey Rhinestone Brooch
    Vintage Julina D&E Milk Glass and S...
    $10
    Vintage Delizza and Elster for Avon Lariat Bolo Gold Tone Necklace 1973
    Vintage Delizza and Elster for Avon...
    $25
    logo
    Vintage D & E Bracelet With Watermelon Purple Red Aurora Borealis Crystals
    Vintage D & E Bracelet With Waterme...
    $145

Comments

1. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 months ago
      Glad to be the first to love your beautiful “saved” D & E!
      The colors are wonderful, one thing I have said about my favorite jewelry is they were not afraid of color! The riveted on “rosettes” are an attribute to their jewelry perfection!
      Stunning piece Ken!
    2. Trey Trey, 2 months ago
      Beautiful Colors:)
    3. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 months ago
      Just zoomed in and caught the multi- prongs on the regal purple chatons. D & E rarely used glue, as I have seen prongs on the tiniest of stones. Vintage jewelry masterpiece, that is what you have here!
    4. Manikin Manikin, 2 months ago
      Gorgeous coloring ! Love
    5. Newfld Newfld, 2 months ago
      Exceptionally gorgeous wreath Ken, such a creative design with the tiny stones highlighting the pink-purple rhinestone array - in a word, magnificent!
    6. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 2 months ago
      Wow, Ken, I love this, the colors are gorgeous!
    7. racer4four racer4four, 2 months ago
      You and Eileen have taught me so much about beautiful, quality, costume jewellery Ken.
      Therefore I can say with some confidence, this is a stellar piece!
    8. Broochman Broochman, 2 months ago
      Vetraio50
      Bobby725
      Karen
      Radegunder
      Kyratango
      Mary
      for hitting the love button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eileen, I like when you stop by with your very nice compliments!!!! Yes, D & E, did use glue sometimes and in certain pieces all stones were glued in! :-)

Trey, they are pretty!!! Thanks for the compliment! :D

Manikin, the color is what caught my eyes!!! Thank you for the kind compliment! :)

Jenni, super nice compliment and always the best written words!!!! Thanks friend! :-)

Mrstyndall, you always say the nicest things!!!! Thank you very much! :-)

Karen, aww!! Such a kind compliment!!! Thank you mate! :-) (-:
    9. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 2 months ago
      Absolutely breathtaking colour and design !~
    10. Daisy1000 Daisy1000, 2 months ago
      The great open back, sparkling unfoiled stone work of D & E .... Beautiful brooch.
    11. Daisy1000 Daisy1000, 2 months ago
      Beautiful!
    12. Broochman Broochman, 27 days ago
      Hi Phil, thanks very much for the most kind compliment! :D

Daisy1000, thank you for the very kind compliment! :) Your jewelry collection is amazing!!

PhilDMorris
      SEAN68
      Daisy1000
      Watchsearcher
      Trey
      Hoot60
      Officialfuel
      thanks for the love tap!!!!!!!
    13. plein-air-painter, 27 days ago
      How did I miss this one? The colors are exquisite! Fabulous addition to an extraordinary collection!
    14. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 27 days ago
      Ken, I just read your reply back to me. Can you tell me about the pieces “that were all glued in” you referred to? I have never seen such a creature by D & E. Only on accents such a stems have I seen stones glued, not entire pieces. Please let me know where I can see these, I can only guess they are 90’s pieces? Thanks!
    15. Elisabethan Elisabethan, 20 days ago
      I love everything about this brooch. The color, the way they have organized the stones. So Lovely!