Share your favorites on Show & Tell


In Military and Wartime > Show & Tell.
Recent activity172361 of 1819151966 U.S. Army Jump Helmet with Camouflage CoverWWII What's That plane by Penguin Books
Love it
Like it

vanskyock24vanskyock24 likes this.
ttomtuckerttomtucker likes this.
Add to collection

Please create an account, or Log in here

If you don't have an account, create one here.

Create a Show & TellReport as inappropriate

Posted 6 years ago


(6 items)

Have no clue what they are.Any iDEAS??????? I got these from an Estate Auction and The gentleman was in WW2 but I have no clue if these are from then or what....

Mystery Solved


  1. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 6 years ago
    These look like caps for cap and ball type guns, anyone else agree ?
  2. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 6 years ago
    From Remington dot com......:1867 - In an effort to diversify their holdings, Schuyler, Hartley & Graham purchased two small New England cartridge companies. These companies were later closed, and the equipment moved to a new site in Bridgeport, Connecticut. On August 9, 1867, the Union Metallic Cartridge Company (U.M.C.Co.) was incorporated. It was particularly noted for its development of metallic cartridges. It and its successor company subsequently developed the first paper shotshells successfully manufactured in the United States, the first primer adapted to smokeless powder; the first battery cup for best quality paper shotshells; the first cartridges for automatic pistols; the first standard high-power smokeless cartridges for big game autoloading rifles; the first .410 bore gauge shotshell in the United States; the first nickeled primer; the first oil-proof automatic pistol cartridges; and the first completely wetproof loaded shells, including top wad, crimp and body. I will post the link in the next block.
  3. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 6 years ago
    Here is the link to the information above :....
  4. BAM091707 BAM091707, 6 years ago
    how about value if they are original.
  5. scottvez scottvez, 6 years ago
    They are called percussion caps.
  6. Pop_abides Pop_abides, 6 years ago
    One can buy new ones on-lie for $40.00 to $50.00 per 1000, age does not make them any better, The can might be worth a couple of bucks but I wouldn't guess much but then again I'm not a gun nut.

Want to post a comment?

Create an account or login in order to post a comment.