Help Identify Unusual Art Glass Enameled Vase

In Art Glass > Show & Tell and Art Nouveau > Show & Tell.
Art Glass663 of 21627Vintage Lt. Blue Crystal VaseVictorian Rose Bowls and Bohemian Dish

jscott0363jscott0363 loves this.
RichmondLoriRichmondLori loves this.
NewfldNewfld loves this.
auraaura loves this.
AnythingObscureAnythingObscure loves this.

Posted 8 months ago

LOUMANAL

I tried to get some information on this Bohemian vase (I think) from the Facebook art Glass sites but without one comment. I hope the connoisseurs here will recognize it. It is 5" tall with a 2 3/4" rim and has a recessed pebbled-over pontil. The decoration is of alternating panels separated by lines . The panels are clear and frosted-satin with tiny white graduated dots. The bottom of the vase has a skirt where the panels continue. Near the base is a bulbous raised area that is decorated with Blue & white enameled flowers and green & yellow foliage. This design is repeated in two large cartouches and near the rim. The cartouches are outlined with black enameled dots. The rim and lower base is also decorated with enameling. Any ideas on the maker?

logo
    Art Glass
    1931 Mid Century Modern MCM Blenko Amethyst Wayne Husted Decanter, Glass Stopper
    1931 Mid Century Modern MCM Blenko ...
    $203
    8 Rare Antique Steuben Hand Blown Jade Green Art Glass Dessert Lunch Plates NR
    8 Rare Antique Steuben Hand Blown J...
    $203
    SUPERB LARGE c1900 LOETZ RED PHAENOMEN IRIDESCENT ART GLASS GILT BRONZE VASE
    SUPERB LARGE c1900 LOETZ RED PHAENO...
    $139
    FINE c1900 SIGNED LOETZ AUSTRIA DIASPORA CRETE PINCHED IRIDESCENT ART GLASS VASE
    FINE c1900 SIGNED LOETZ AUSTRIA DIA...
    $40
    logo
    1931 Mid Century Modern MCM Blenko ...
    $203

Comments

1. vetraio50 vetraio50, 8 months ago
      I’d check out PAUL EISELT.
    2. vetraio50 vetraio50, 8 months ago
      It’s a beauty !.!.!
    3. LOUMANAL LOUMANAL, 7 months ago
      vetraio50 (kevin) Thanks, I did look it up. It is hard to find any information on the artist but I did see the similarity to his work.....very interesting. Was he operating in Haida (Germany) or Novy Bor on the Czech side. I see that he was born in 1887 and died in 1961. Would this have been an early work?
    4. vetraio50 vetraio50, 7 months ago
      Steinschönau ... Kamenický Šenov a town in the Liberec Region of the Czech Republic. Not that far from Haida. Both towns were famous for the Fachschule Technical Colleges there that taught the various arts of glass making. I have the idea that he worked on designs that were produced by a firm called Conrath & Liebsch. He had a two brothers also in the glass trade : Hermann & Arnold.

This might be helpful.
    5. vetraio50 vetraio50, 7 months ago
      Check out "Conrath & Liebsch" too.
    6. vetraio50 vetraio50, 7 months ago
      To my eye it looks Jugendstil maybe early Deco.
    7. kivatinitz kivatinitz, 7 months ago
      this type of clear glass with black enamel are my favorites
    8. LOUMANAL LOUMANAL, 7 months ago
      Thank you kivatinitz! It is very difficult to photograph this vase. There are so many fine details that don’t show up especially the satin iridescence and dots in the alternating panels. It really belongs in a museum.
      Thank you vetraio50 for all the assistance....it has opened many doors, many wonderful doors.

Thank you also AnythingObscure, aura, Newfld, RaymondLori, fortapache, MALKEY
    9. LOUMANAL LOUMANAL, 7 months ago
      Thank you Bambus1920 and larksel for the loves
    10. truthordare truthordare, 6 months ago
      Very nice, havent been around much here Bob, missed this post, D. Truitt has a chapter in volume II of these enameled Czech glass pieces, several were from the glass schools she explains, if you want images let me know if you dont have the book. Best.
    11. LOUMANAL LOUMANAL, 6 months ago
      Hi Lisa! No, I don't have the book....would love some info. and images. You can send them by email if you wish. It's on my Loumanal CW page. How have you been?
    12. truthordare truthordare, 6 months ago
      comme ci comme ca, if it's not us having health issues its our friends and neighbors, with the pandemic on top of that, many are out of sorts too right before Xmas holiday.

How about you? I will take some images next time I do a batch. You often surprise me when I find some glass items you have posted years ago here on CW, a lot of the kind I was not familiar with. Take care.
    13. truthordare truthordare, 6 months ago

Decided to make a whole CW post instead, so we can all some information on the site, for all that are interested. CHeers for the coming holidays Bob.
    14. LOUMANAL LOUMANAL, 6 months ago
      Thanks Lisa...appreciate this!
    15. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 6 months ago
      Delicate & beautiful!
    16. LOUMANAL LOUMANAL, 6 months ago
      Thank you Ivonne, blunderbuss2 and Ms.Crystalship for the loves. RER (BOB)