Koransha fish vase

In Asian > Japanese Pottery > Show & Tell.
Japanese Pottery23 of 1178Shallow Bowl - Japanese with Deer and Rat/SquirrelJapanese drip glaze vase

Hoot60Hoot60 loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
dav2no1dav2no1 loves this.
auraaura loves this.
RichmondLoriRichmondLori loves this.

Posted 2 months ago

kwqd

This little vase is 5.5" high x 3.5" widest diameter and has the Koransha orchid mark on the bottom. On one side is a hand painted fish with some small water bubble circles and on the back is one small set of circles. Very inexpensive ebay find from a seller who thought it was new and did not know the maker or that it is Japanese. I think it is a few decades old and had a bit of build up from use inside which easily cleaned up. I think the seller thought it is new because it is in like new condition.

logo
    Japanese Pottery
    Rare Antique 18c Japanese Enameled Porcelain Bottle Vase Kakiemon
    Rare Antique 18c Japanese Enameled ...
    $43
    Antique Japanese Satsuma incense burner, signed, meiji period, 19th century RARE
    Antique Japanese Satsuma incense bu...
    $127
    Japanese Satsuma Porcelain Figure of a Tiger, Signed & Stamped, 19th C.
    Japanese Satsuma Porcelain Figure o...
    $191
    Japanese Small Satsuma Reticulated Porcelain Vase, Late 19th / Early 20th C.
    Japanese Small Satsuma Reticulated ...
    $255
    logo
    Rare Antique 18c Japanese Enameled Porcelain Bottle Vase Kakiemon
    Rare Antique 18c Japanese Enameled ...
    $43

Comments

1. Manikin Manikin, 2 months ago
      Gorgeous !
    2. racer4four racer4four, 2 months ago
      This vase is a perfect example of Japanese craft art for me Kevin. Perfectly made, beautiful design and colour, an expressive fish, and the whimsical bubbles floating around.
    3. Newfld Newfld, 2 months ago
      Beautiful vase & love that angel fish
    4. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thanks for your comment Manikin! There were only two really poor images of the vase in the auction and one was of the bottom, so I was not really sure what I was going to get so was pleasantly surprised!

Thanks Karen! Koransha is my current favorite Japanese kiln. Their work is very sophisticated, even in this modest little fish vase.

Thanks Jenni! The fish is what caught my eye!

Thanks for loving my fish vase Jenni, ho2cultcha, fortapache, Karen, Manikin, dav2no1, Kevin, aura and RichmondLori!
    5. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thanks Bruce99 and Thomas!
    6. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thanks for loving my little Koransha fish vase blunderbuss2!
    7. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thank you Alfred1o1 and getthatmonkeyoutofme!
    8. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 2 months ago
      The intense blue background for the pastel coloring of the angel fish is a perfect combination!
      I love this vase!
    9. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thanks for your comment Eileen. The artist did a nice job on this one!

Thanks for loving my vase Eileen and MALKEY!
    10. LaurenRedmond LaurenRedmond, 2 months ago
      Beautiful- I adore the deep colours and lovely elegant shape of the fish- would fit in nicely on a decorative bathroom shelf...or even conservatory with leafy trailing plants near it.
    11. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thanks for your comment LaurenRedmond! I bought this on an online auction site and the two images were really (Really) bad and it came from a seller with not great feedback (only 14 total and only 91% positive) who sells mostly recycled clothing, shoes, junk, etc., so I wasn't sure what I was getting, but it was only a bit over $5 so I took a shot because it is Koransha and was very pleased when it came. The colors are spectacular and the quality is very high. I would like to make a place for it on a high shelf or in front in one of my china closets so it doesn't get broken, but have not yet decided where it will sit....
    12. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 2 months ago
      Awesome find!
    13. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thanks for your comment Mrstyndall! I was very happy to get it!
    14. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thanks for taking a look at my vase Blammoammo!
    15. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thank you Vynil33rpm!
    16. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thanks for loving my Koransha fish vase MarmorealMaiden!
    17. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thank you Nursekent!
    18. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thank you Hoot60!
    19. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thanks for taking a look at my Koransha fish vase SEAN68!