Assorted M. V. Vellano costume jewelry brooches

In Costume Jewelry > Costume Brooches > Show & Tell.
Costume Brooches113 of 2455BENEDIKT of NY Sea anemone with pearl gold tone vintage broochNever seen this before Pearl Brooch/ Pin ?

MrstyndallMrstyndall loves this.
LaurenRedmondLaurenRedmond loves this.
PhilDMorrisPhilDMorris loves this.
clockermanclockerman loves this.
dav2no1dav2no1 loves this.

Posted 8 months ago

kwqd

Here are some assorted M. V. Vellano brooches, each about 2" long. All are new old stock mounted on the black holder shown in the last image and all are marked on the back in the same fashion. M. V. Vellano also made earrings, necklaces and rings in various materials. All of it that I have seen is this glitzy 1970s-1980s style and very well made (I think). This stuff is really common right now as a pile of new old stock jewelry has been found and selling for very little money on online auction sites. I picked up a few of the least expensive pieces to document the style of this jewelry mainly focusing on animals and insects as I like that best of the stuff available now. The maker did a lot more than animals and insects. I made an earlier post for a black panther brooch which contains the little information that I could find about this maker. In a few years this maker may become even more obscure, so I thought CW might be a good place to document it since this site appears to be fairly stable. I will update this post later if I can get better images as these don't really do them justice.

DISCLAIMER! I am not a jewelry collector so don't know if this stuff is good or not, but I like shiny things and giving jewelry to friends for no reason at all, so this will all end up on the blouses or coats of various friends if they think it is worth wearing. Just taking the opportunity to do some documentation, too.

logo
    Costume Brooches
     FREE SHIP Vintage Now Jewelry Lot GOOD Wear Resell 5 Pc Brooch Necklace Box Mix
    FREE SHIP Vintage Now Jewelry Lot ...
    $20
    Nice Jewelry Lot ALL GOOD Wear Resell Vintage Now 5 Pc Custom Brooch Necklace ++
    Nice Jewelry Lot ALL GOOD Wear Rese...
    $15
    I Am Edgar Berebi. 1  Of  My Angels Of Love  All In A row  Brooch Pin .
    I Am Edgar Berebi. 1 Of My Angels...
    $34
    Vintage Now Craft Jewelry Bag Lot DIY Harvest Stones Beads Earring Brooch Pieces
    Vintage Now Craft Jewelry Bag Lot D...
    $13
    logo
     FREE SHIP Vintage Now Jewelry Lot GOOD Wear Resell 5 Pc Brooch Necklace Box Mix
    FREE SHIP Vintage Now Jewelry Lot ...
    $20

Comments

1. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 8 months ago
      The ladybug is my favorite!
    2. kwqd kwqd, 8 months ago
      @Mrstyndall - Mine too, next to the panther I posted earlier.

Thanks Mrstyndall, Kevin, clockerman and dav2no1!
    3. Newfld Newfld, 8 months ago
      Gorgeous selection of Vellano figural pieces, all are lovely - the ladybug is to me the prettiest with its colorful swirl cabochon stones, great catch!
    4. PhilDMorris PhilDMorris, 8 months ago
      I like the ladybugs width adding to the allure !~
    5. LaurenRedmond LaurenRedmond, 8 months ago
      Cute little pieces- well done for finding all of these and yes, these, in my humble opinion are all very important and worthy of documenting! :P I'd have snapped them up for sure! Hummingbird is fabulous and turtle has lovely details o his shell too.
      Btw, I seem to be the only one here that calls ladybugs ladyBIRDS!!! Where I'm from they're known as that! XD
    6. jscott0363 jscott0363, 8 months ago
      They're all amazing, especially the sea turtle!!
    7. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 8 months ago
      I think they are gorgeous. Love the turtle and ladybug especially.
    8. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 8 months ago
      Oh, Kevin!
      These are all lovely, and great info and “documentation”. This is a learning site as well as sharing, at least I think so, so your beautiful Vellano pieces are so welcome here!
      I adore the elephant, kind of reminds me of KJL with the huge pearl amongst the pave’ set rhinestones!
    9. valentino97 valentino97, 8 months ago
      Very nice, I love the ladybird bug best too and the turtle!
    10. kwqd kwqd, 8 months ago
      @Newfld - Thanks Jenni! I agree, the ladybug stands out with those cabochons.

@PhilDMorris - Thanks for your comment! The ladybug seems to be popular. I like it!

@LaurenRedmond - Thanks for your comments! I hoped I was doing the right thing. I have heard that ladybug vs ladybird term before.

@jscott0363 - Thanks for your comment! I like the turtle, too. They also come in blue and green stones.

@plein-air-painter - Thanks for your comment! They really catch the eye.

@Ms.CrystalShip - Thanks for your comments Eileen! The elephant is luxurious in its detail, I think.

Thanks for loving my Vellano brooches Watchsearcher, Eileen, Manikin, fortapache, Vynil33rpm, Thomas, jscott0363, Karen, LaurenRedmond, PhilDMorris and Jenni!
    11. kwqd kwqd, 8 months ago
      Thanks for loving my brooches valentino97!
    12. kwqd kwqd, 8 months ago
      Thanks for your comment valentino97! I agree, they are pretty nice.
    13. kwqd kwqd, 8 months ago
      Thanks Kevin!
    14. kwqd kwqd, 8 months ago
      Thank you aura!
    15. Hoot60, 8 months ago
      Very glitzy....nice!
    16. kwqd kwqd, 8 months ago
      Thanks Hoot60 and yourneverright!
    17. kwqd kwqd, 8 months ago
      Thanks for loving my brooches RichmondLori!
    18. kwqd kwqd, 2 months ago
      Thank you Daisy1000 and Mrstyndall!