Trifari's Sterling Rhinestone Pearl Shell Fur Clip & Earrings

In Fine Jewelry > Show & Tell and Costume Jewelry > Trifari Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Fine Jewelry338 of 8407Manhattan collection diamond pearl earringsSigned McClelland Barclay Bracelet

Ms.CrystalShipMs.CrystalShip loves this.
Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.
ho2cultchaho2cultcha loves this.
AndreamwAndreamw loves this.
RichmondLoriRichmondLori loves this.
valentino97valentino97 loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
MrstyndallMrstyndall loves this.
racer4fourracer4four loves this.
auraaura loves this.
kwqdkwqd loves this.
WatchsearcherWatchsearcher loves this.

Posted 9 months ago

plein-air-…

This is the Trifari shell brooch from 1947. Crafted in sterling, it is a stunning brooch that looks to be inspired by the Courtland Thomson shell brooch owned by the Queen, and inherited from the Queen Mother. The Queen wore her Courtland Thomson Shell brooch for her 2020 Christmas broadcast. You can read more about it on my blog, The Costume Jewelry Historian. http://jewelryhistorian.blogspot.com/

Merry Christmas!

logo
    Fine Jewelry
    Vintage BIRDS NEST Charm for Bracelet PEARL EGGS Sterling Silver PENDANT Nice!
    Vintage BIRDS NEST Charm for Bracel...
    $24
    Vintage Moon Face Carved Mother of Pearl Shell 925 Pendant Necklace SP 24" Chain
    Vintage Moon Face Carved Mother of ...
    $13
    Antique Vintage Sterling Silver Native Navajo Turquoise Liquid Silver Necklace
    Antique Vintage Sterling Silver Nat...
    $24
    Coin Pendant Silver Vintage Mercury Dime Sterling Silver Rope Bezel with Bail US
    Coin Pendant Silver Vintage Mercury...
    $38
    logo
    Vintage BIRDS NEST Charm for Bracelet PEARL EGGS Sterling Silver PENDANT Nice!
    Vintage BIRDS NEST Charm for Bracel...
    $24

Comments

1. RichmondLori RichmondLori, 9 months ago
      what an honor to be the first comment on this lovely lovely piece. it looks like diamond bliss. Love it. Lori
    2. RichmondLori RichmondLori, 9 months ago
      Beautiful
    3. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 9 months ago
      RichmondLori, thanks for your comments. Love the pieces you post, also, I just commented on your 'Blue Mist' Sherman.

six-o-one. Thanks! And best to you for a wonderful holiday.
    4. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 9 months ago
      Just gorgeous!
    5. Newfld Newfld, 9 months ago
      Beautiful Trifari Fur Clip, does it convert to a brooch - I have several pieces that are interchangeable also
    6. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 9 months ago
      The quality of your Trifari collection is second to none. This incredible fur clip is 73 years old, and is in amazing condition! The pearl still glows, showing Trifari quality. ( Maureen, how I wish I had the matching earrings, they would be coming your way. Here’s hoping you will find them some day!)
    7. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 9 months ago
      I was doing some responses on some of my posts, but I don’t like the fact this piece as “going down”. Belongs on top! Though it’s kind to respond, I just wish it didn’t bring the post back to the top burying new posts. I just love this piece Maureen and the history behind it!
    8. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 9 months ago
      Ms CrystalShip, no worries on the earrings. I have them. Thanks for the love and compliments, too. Always a kind word.

Jenni, If you mean does it have a clasp on it, it does. Thanks for the love and comment.
      RichmondLori, Thanks for giving this piece the comments and love. I think this piece calls for velvet ( or these days velour) don't you?
      six-o-one So glad you have the earrings, They are gorgeous. I hope the clip comes your way, too. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

And thanks for the love and best wishes for a Happy New Year with fabulous additions to your collections to (I know I'm repeating names here, but why not?)
      Ms.CrystalShip
      Newfld
      fortapache
      Mrstyndall
      racer4four
      aura
      Manikin
      kwqd
      six-0-one
      Watchsearcher
      RichmondLori
    9. RichmondLori RichmondLori, 9 months ago
      Maureen, I think it would do excellent on any fabric. but velvet would really set it off. Lori
    10. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 9 months ago
      Next time, post as a set! It is wonderful to see “sets” as they are so hard to come by, especially at this age! Earrings tend to get lost, and having them to match a 70+ year old brooch is not typical..can we see them please? ( I saw them on your blog, didn’t know they were yours, so glad!)
    11. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 9 months ago
      Eileen, Posted for you. - Best Maureen
    12. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 8 months ago
      nutsabotas6 - Thank you so much for the comment and love. Yes, Trifari had some very high quality pieces. I see I'm missing a stone on the brooch, though! Got to get that replaced.:)
    13. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 8 months ago
      Maureen, the earrings are superb! As is this incredible brooch!
      These wonderful antique fur clips are few and far between, I am so glad this set found the right home :)
      Wonderful Trifari jewelry as always!
    14. ho2cultcha ho2cultcha, 4 months ago
      wow! great photography too.
    15. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 4 months ago
      ho2cultcha, Thanks for the compliment on the photography and the love click, too.
    16. Celiene Celiene, 4 months ago
      Is it a brooch or fur clip? It sure is pretty! Never saw that shape!
    17. plein-air-painter plein-air-painter, 4 months ago
      Celiene, You're right of course, it is a fur clip.