Bronze Pug Puppy Sculpture

In Art Deco > Art Deco Bronze > Show & Tell and Animals > Dogs > Show & Tell.
Art Deco Bronze11 of 229Antique Austrian Cold Painted Bronze PigeonsG.E. Omer Bronze Hare Sculpture Titled  "Full Throttle" Signed

RichmondLoriRichmondLori loves this.
Hoot60Hoot60 loves this.
officialfuelofficialfuel loves this.
dav2no1dav2no1 loves this.

Posted 10 months ago

jscott0363

Hi everyone!!
    This is the newest addition to my dog collection. It's a bronze Pug puppy sculpture. I'm not truly sure when this one was made. As you can see, he's very well detailed right down to his little toenails and curled tail. He's fairly heavy for his size and weighs in at around 8lbs. He measures about 9" long and 6" tall. I had to do a bit of cleaning on him. Once he was cleaned, I gave him a coat of Trewax transparent bronze wax to bring back his original sheen. I thought he came out looking nice afterwards.

Thanks for stopping in for a look!!
    Scott

logo
    Art Deco Bronze
    Vintage Bronze Clad Art Deco Female Juggler Acrobat Pen Holder Statue Figurine
    Vintage Bronze Clad Art Deco Female...
    $23
    Vintage Art Deco 1960s Floyd Dewitt Cat Bronze Cast Statue Sculpture Figurine
    Vintage Art Deco 1960s Floyd Dewitt...
    $42
    Unusual 1920s Bronze DECO Figural HOOD ORNAMENT FIGURE Desk LAMP Lavender Shade
    Unusual 1920s Bronze DECO Figural H...
    $230
    Vintage Abstract Sculpture Robert Schelling Bronze Deco Orb Industrial Archetype
    Vintage Abstract Sculpture Robert S...
    $695
    logo
    Vintage Bronze Clad Art Deco Female Juggler Acrobat Pen Holder Statue Figurine
    Vintage Bronze Clad Art Deco Female...
    $23

Comments

1. dav2no1 dav2no1, 10 months ago
      Nice..also I noticed your famous now..saw you in the forum article, congrats.
    2. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      Thank you dav2n01!! LOL, I wouldn't say famous, but I felt honored to have an article written about my collection.
    3. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      dav2no1 (Thanks for the awesome comment)
      Michael
      and
      Kurt
      Thanks guys for the loves and for stopping in!!!
    4. Newfld Newfld, 10 months ago
      What an adorable face on this guy! He's a real beaut Scott, great new bulldog
    5. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      Jenni,
      Thanks so very much! He's one of the few bulldogs I own, but also one of the oldest. I've only came across one other in all my years of collecting dogs.
    6. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      Rob
      fortapache
      kwqd
      Lori
      Jenni
      Cokeman
      Thomas
      and
      aura
      Thank you all very much for the loves and for stopping by!!!
    7. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      Mani
      BB2
      and
      ho2cultcha
      Thank you all very much for the loves and for stopping by!!!
    8. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      Thanks Kevin for the love and for stopping by!!
    9. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      mcheconi
      and
      Watchsearcher
      Thank you both very much for the loves and for stopping by!!
    10. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      Thanks dlpetersen for the love and for stopping by!!
    11. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      Vynil
      and
      Kyra
      Thank you both very much for the loves and for stopping in!!!
    12. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 10 months ago
      He’s beautiful, right down to his wrinkles and curly tail!
      My Dad used to call his Pugs Bulldogs, he knew better, and the Pugs didn’t seem to mind.
      This “Puppy”...wow, is over a century old, well over a century! How do you find these treasures, if I may ask Scott? I can’t see some of them coming in the mail, as the weight alone would be so expensive, as our postal systems has increased prices as of late, to sky- high! People must have to send them freight! Ha!
      Love, love, love him!!
    13. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      Thanks VERY much Eileen!! I found this one at an estate liquidation store about 30 minutes away. I spotted him the minute I walked in. Though I have bought a few heavy pieces from eBay and, depending on who the seller uses for shipping, you'd be surprised at the reasonable shipping costs you can find.
    14. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      Thank you farmlady for the love and for stopping by!!
    15. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      Thank you vintagegirl for the love and for stopping by!!
    16. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 10 months ago
      “Estate liquidation store”... wish we had such a thing around here. I have never even heard of such a store. Hope you check it out often! :)
    17. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      Yes, we have a store in Elizabethtown, KY that buys up entire estates and sells everything in their store. It's pretty fun to go into because you never know what you're gonna find in there from month to month.
    18. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      Thanks Theonlyone for the love and for stopping by!!
    19. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      usedcarlady
      and
      SEAN
      Thanks very much for the loves and for stopping by!!!
    20. jscott0363 jscott0363, 10 months ago
      Thank you very much Martin for the love and for stopping by!!!
    21. RichmondLori RichmondLori, 9 months ago
      After seeing the "WatchDog" post, this is the puppy of the two. his face is so cute. Lori
    22. jscott0363 jscott0363, 9 months ago
      Thanks Lori!! I must agree:)