Vintage Thoroughbred Horse Sculpture

In Animals > Horses > Show & Tell and Fine Art > Sculpture > Show & Tell.
Horses12 of 548What is this? Who is this? Running Horse - from China

NewfldNewfld loves this.
fortapachefortapache loves this.
Hoot60Hoot60 loves this.

Posted 5 months ago

jscott0363

Hello everyone!
    I bought this beautiful thoroughbred horse sculpture as a Christmas gift and we liked it so much that we ended up keeping it instead. It's highly detailed in every way. Though it looks like bronze, it's probably spelter and lacquered to give it the appearance of bronze. It stands 9 1/2" tall and 10 1/2" long. I'm not sure how old this is, but I'd say no older than the 1960's.

Thanks for stopping in for a look!!
    Scott

logo
    Horses
    Rare Antique 19thC Folk Art Copper Trotting Horse Lightning Rod, Weathervane
    Rare Antique 19thC Folk Art Copper ...
    $117
    Old Rare Vintage Antique Civil War Relic Good Luck Horse Shoe Appomattox VA.
    Old Rare Vintage Antique Civil War ...
    $25
    1910s CAST IRON HORSE DRAWN ROYAL CIRCUS WAGON / BEAR CAGE WAGON TOY By HUBLEY
    1910s CAST IRON HORSE DRAWN ROYAL C...
    $146
    Vintage Horse Carousel Music Box Kids Toys Flash Light Musical Birthday Gifts US
    Vintage Horse Carousel Music Box Ki...
    $11
    logo
    Rare Antique 19thC Folk Art Copper Trotting Horse Lightning Rod, Weathervane
    Rare Antique 19thC Folk Art Copper ...
    $117

Comments

1. Newfld Newfld, 5 months ago
      A champion beauty, this horse sculpture is one of my very favorites of your fabulous animal sculptures Scott - a prize winner for sure :)
    2. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 months ago
      Thank you Jenni!! So glad you like him. Being from thoroughbred horse country, we have quite o bit of horse decor, from framed prints to this sculpture.
    3. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 months ago
      Kurt
      fortapache
      Jenni
      and
      kivatinitz
      Thank you all very much for the loves and for stopping in!!!
    4. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 months ago
      Cokeman
      BB2
      Kevin
      Mary
      and
      Thomas
      Thank you all very much for the loves and for stopping by!!!
    5. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 months ago
      Rob
      dlpetersen
      and
      dav2n01
      Thank you all very much for the loves and for stopping by!!
    6. Theonlyone Theonlyone, 5 months ago
      Isn't it fun to be Santa ...lol. you must have a ton of horse sculpture's form down that way .. I can see this is a keeper..later
    7. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 months ago
      Actually, I think this is the only one I have in my collection. I had a pair of bronze horse sculptures, but gave them to one of my sisters as a Christmas gift. Her husband (my brother-in-law) manages a horse farm in Lexington, KY.
    8. clockerman clockerman, 5 months ago
      Very very nice. I have a couple of horse sculptures.
      This is a great one. Actually have a vintage metal horse sculpture with a jockey. Not as big as this one. Thanks for sharing. !
    9. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 months ago
      Thank you Very much clockerman!! Thanks also for the love as well.
    10. Ms.CrystalShip Ms.CrystalShip, 5 months ago
      Excellent Equine Statue!
      How I love horses, always have.
      My (much older) Sister has horses.
      When I was 11, my folks moved us from the beach to the country. My Brother and I were so upset though the beach as only a couple miles away. Only thing I was hopeful for was a horse as there was a one acre pasture. My parents instead planted 600 apples trees!
      Needless to say, I never got my horse :(
    11. RichmondLori RichmondLori, 5 months ago
      Beautiful horse - I would have kept it too...
    12. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 months ago
      Thank you Eileen!! That's sure a lot of apple trees!!!!!!!! We never had horses on our farm, when I was a child, but one of our neighbors had 2 Palominos and 3 Appaloosa horses and they'd let us ride them occasionally. My wife's family also had horses up until about 12 years ago when the last one had to be euthanized.
    13. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 months ago
      Thank you Lori!! He's proudly displayed in our great room.
    14. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 months ago
      Eileen
      and
      Lori
      Thank you both very much for the wonderful comments, the loves and for stopping by!!!
    15. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 months ago
      Kevin
      Phil
      and
      Kyra
      Thank you all very much for the loves and for stopping in!!!
    16. jscott0363 jscott0363, 5 months ago
      aura,
      Thank you for the love and for stopping by!!!
    17. Newfld Newfld, 2 months ago
      Happy Derby Day Scott! I am looking forward to watching the big race on TV later, thanks for reminding me - I often forget that in my younger days I was a typist for NY racetrack investigations, all about horse doping, touts etc, very interesting work. Enjoy the race!
    18. jscott0363 jscott0363, 2 months ago
      Hi Jenni!
      Thanks very much!!! That's so cool that you did that for the NY racetrack. Yes, it's the "Run For The Roses" today. Exciting day here in the Bluegrass! It's almost back to normal again, even though the tickets were very limited to a small percentage of attendees, due to COVID-19. Last year the Kentucky Derby was postponed until the first Saturday in September, due to COVID-19. Also, attendance was limited to thoroughbred owners, trainers and a small number of their family members. The only other time that ever happened was in 1945. Hopefully, next year the attendance restrictions will be lifted.