Sterling silver crab brooch

In Fine Jewelry > Brooches > Show & Tell and Fine Jewelry > Sterling Silver Jewelry > Show & Tell.
Brooches6 of 883Jewelry Mix(Ring, and Two Brooches)Antique brooch

bobby725bobby725 loves this.
CelieneCeliene loves this.
DamonwaysDamonways loves this.
Vynil33rpmVynil33rpm loves this.

Posted 1 month ago

Newfld

This 2 1-4"W crab brooch has marcasite claws, two red eyes and mother of pearl body, in sterling silver with mark 925 on back. A vintage design of indeterminate age.
    Happy Birthday CW Cancer including my favorite crab friend Thomas-Brunswick, hope you have a joyous & healthy year ahead!!

logo
    Brooches
    Antique 14K gold beautiful 28 X 10mm carved Green jade & pearl flower brooch
    Antique 14K gold beautiful 28 X 10m...
    $210
    Australian Antique 9ct Gold Ruby Turquoise & Seed Pearl Kookaburra Brooch 3.7g
    Australian Antique 9ct Gold Ruby Tu...
    $153
    Vintage 14K gold floral carved 52.4 X 39mm Green Jadeite jade brooch/pendant
    Vintage 14K gold floral carved 52.4...
    $239
    Antique 18K Gold/Platinum .15CTW diamond/carved 33 X 17.4mm Jadeite jade brooch
    Antique 18K Gold/Platinum .15CTW di...
    $277
    logo
    Antique 14K gold beautiful 28 X 10mm carved Green jade & pearl flower brooch
    Antique 14K gold beautiful 28 X 10m...
    $210

Comments

1. Damonways, 1 month ago
      this is good when your walking side ways as my wife would tell me when i bark some times lol cool find...
    2. Celiene Celiene, 1 month ago
      Love it!
    3. Mrstyndall Mrstyndall, 1 month ago
      Very nice crab brooch!
    4. LaurenRedmond LaurenRedmond, 1 month ago
      Very nice and detailed little crab, I love the little red eyes, he's so well made! His little claws are adorable too, I definitely see him creeping about up the side of a rockpool somewhere! :P
    5. racer4four racer4four, 1 month ago
      That’s lovely . Gorgeous crab.
    6. Daisy1000 Daisy1000, 1 month ago
      That is a beautifully-made brooch, Jenni. Jewelry to cherish, for sure!
    7. jscott0363 jscott0363, 1 month ago
      Beautiful crab brooch!!
    8. vintagelamp vintagelamp, 1 month ago
      This is wonderful!
    9. katherinescollections katherinescollections, 1 month ago
      That is a fabulous brooch, wow!!!
    10. Newfld Newfld, 1 month ago
      With thanks to you all for the love
      Vynil
      Vet
      Alfie
      vintagelamp
      katherinescollections
      aura
      Mary

Lol Damon, thank you for the very kind & fun comment, yes we wives can give you the business...and as for sideways walking crabs, nothing prepared me for seeing sand crabs on a beach in Mexico, all of a sudden you'd be walking along & little sand holes appear, out comes a side walking crab! A bit unsettling on a vacation beach :)

Thanks Celiene for your lovely praise & love for this silver crab which was a special find for me

Glad you enjoyed this crab brooch MrsT, I really like the marcasite & mother of pearl touches, thank you for your sweet comment

Lauren thanks for your superb comment & insights, I can see this guy creeping around a rockpool now, cool image! It truly was well made with realism plus a bit of fantasy

Thank you Karen for your fab compliments, this was one of those rare find goodies - I usually scout around for astrology symbols, saw this crab & thought, how unique and a perfect brooch specimen

Thanks so much Daisy for your great comment, I know you appreciate quality jewelry and I do cherish this, it is my third antique silver figural along with a dragonfly & panthers on a globe, and they are really special to me

Scott thanks for your truly kind compliment & seeing the beauty in this silver crab, I'm always very grateful to you

Thank you vintagelamp for your awesome comment, so glad you enjoyed this crab, he is getting quite a lot of attention here!

Many thanks Katherine for your super praise & giving this the wow factor, isn't it amazing that something from bygone days has such realistic detailed flair

11. kyratango kyratango, 28 days ago
      Cute, funny and realistic little chap! Love him!!!
    12. Newfld Newfld, 27 days ago
      Pascale thank you so much for your super compliments & love for this antique silver crab, I was hoping you would see it as I know how much you appreciate this type & truly value your kind praise :)
    13. apostata apostata, 26 days ago
      hahaha i love crabs , i use them as gift ware for clients porcelain plates with crabs on it , the chinese word for crab = pang hsieh and i use it as a homophone message because hsieh also means thank you
    14. Newfld Newfld, 15 days ago
      Thank you so much for your super & fun comment Waki, I'm sorry I did not notice it until just now - I do not get email notices for my post comments like most people, perhaps because I use a gmail address. Crabs are such cool sea creatures, that's great that you give your clients crab gift items, and how cute that your home phone message is another meaning for crab :)
      Best, Jenni
    15. apostata apostata, 15 days ago
      hahaha i love you kid =A homophone is a word that is pronounced the same (to varying extent) as another word but differs in meaning. A homophone may also differ in spelling. The two words may be spelled the same, as in rose (flower) and rose (past tense of rise), or differently, as in rain, reign, and rein. The term "homophone" may also apply to units longer or shorter than words, for example a

greetings wakiphrase, letter, or groups of letters which are pronounced the same as another phrase, letter, or group of letters. Any unit with this property is said to be "homophonous".
    16. Newfld Newfld, 15 days ago
      OK think I got it now, thanks W!
    17. Brunswick Brunswick, 14 days ago
      There's My Sign In The Zodiac! Lol!

Thomas.
    18. Newfld Newfld, 13 days ago
      Thomas this crab is definitely for you my favorite Cancer friend, hope you had a fabulous birthday & thanks always for the kind love and support

Thank you Bruce for the love it is very much appreciated & glad you liked this crab