Posted 2 months ago
From the internet:
History of the Scognamiglio Family
- - Michele Scognamiglio, born in 1815, he was one of the first start a small coral factory in 1857 in Torre del Greco.
- - Giovanni Scognamiglio, born in 1852 continued the business very successfully. He invented a one piece coral bracelet which was
patented and won the first prize at the “Paris Expo”.
- - Michele Scognamiglio, born in 1875, he was a physician and also President of the Company helped by his old and very expert
- - Giovanni Scognamiglio, born in 1905, received from the Public Authorities the honorary title of Knight of Labour. He started to
run the family business in 1930. One of the most competent personalities in the field.
- - Mr. Michele Scognamiglio – Lawyer, born in 1939, graduate in Economy. Married teacher and designer Mrs. Marisa Scognamiglio.
He is President of M+M Scognamiglio srl. He has modernized the business and the marketing procedures. He acquired two
prestigious properties in New York and Tokyo-Ginza to be used as branches and showrooms of M+M Scognamiglio srl.
- Giovani Scognamiglio – Lawyer, born in 1970. He handles the legal side of the Company.
Cristiano Scognamiglio, born in 1978
Mr. Amedeo Scognamiglio, taught himself the ancient art of cameo and coral carving when he was only 16 years old and it still
remains his most passionate hobby. Amedeo moved to New York in 1997 to successfully run the family business. The M+M
Scognamiglio collection designed by Amedeo soon landed at the best boutiques and specialty stores in U.S.
- In 2007 the Scognamiglio Family celebrated the 150 Anniversary of the beginning of its business.